Bali vs Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s also one of the advantages of Bali : in one or two hours transfer you can dive totally differenr environnements, while in PG you’re just stuck with local PG or Verde.

Hence a sensible comparison as most of the operators propose diving in any of these locations. Ie. from Tulamben operators will allow you diving in Padang Bai, Amed or Nusa Penida.
I don’t reallly see the Logics into restricting the comparisons...

As well as from Lembeh you can dive Bangka in a day trip.

We did see Bumphead Parrotfish our last time in PG, so you can cross that one off the list.
Good but still doesn't make it for me. :D
Just lacks the manta rays, the molamola now... apart of course from colorful wrecks, tasteful accomodations, landside or cultural attractions, great food, and beaches free of beer bellied expat losers showing the underage filipinas they picked up in Manila like trophies... :daydream:

landside or cultural attractions, great food, and beaches free of beer bellied expat losers showing the underage filipinas they picked up in Manila like trophies... :daydream:
That remind me of Kuta Beach except the chicks are Commie chinese, Indonesian and Thai etc.

There are enough sites within 15mins from PG that would keep most divers happy for several days. Can't say the same for Bali and possibly nearly everywhere in SEA. Sipadan was the only exception many yrs ago.

There is only one price per dive in PG unless to Verde island. But in Bali it is all depend on where you want to go and whether there are enough divers to justify the trip for the operator. I had never ever experienced in PG that the dive operator would refuse to go out because I was the only customer.

I tried to do the exercise after 20 years diving SEA, so this would be my overall rating for the major spots I dived : as you see I don't take PG very high on my list.
Take B as Bottom variety, F for Fishlife, C for Corals, M for macro all rated from 1 to 5

Raja Ampat : B4 F5 C5 M4 = 18/20 expensive
Komodo : B5 F4 C5 M3 = 17/20 midrange
Alor : B3 F4 C5 M5 = 17/20 expensive
Bali : B5 F3 C3 M5 = 16/20 cheap to midrange
North Sulawesi : B3 F3 C5 M5 = 16/20 midrange to expensive
Kalimaya/Sumbawa : B4 F3 C4 M4 = 15/20 expensive
Ambon & Lease : B4 F3 C4 M5 = 16/20 expensive
Pulau Weh B2 F3 C3 M2 = 10/20 (very) cheap
Gili Lombok B2 F2 C2 M3 = 8/20 cheap

Anilao : B4 F3 C3 M5 = 15/20 midrange to expensive
Puerto Galera B2 F3 C3 M4 = 12/20 cheap to midrange
Malapascua B2 F3 C2 M3 = 10/20 cheap to midrange
Moalboal B4 F2 C3 M3 = 12/20 (very)cheap to midrange
Cabilao B3 F3 C4 M3 = 13/20 midrange
Panglao/Balicasag B4 F4 C3 M3 = 14/20 cheap to midrange
Anda B2 F2 C2 M2 = 8/20 midrange
Dauin/Apo B2 F2 C3 M5 = 12/20 midrange to expensive
Sipalay B3 F3 C3 M2 = 11/20 midrange

Sipadan/Mabul B4 F5 C3 M3 = 15/20 expensive

Similan : B3 F3 C4 M2 = 12/20 midrange to expensive
Phuket, Phiphi & Hins B3 F2 C4 M3 = 12/20 midrange
Koh Tao B2 F2 C2 M1 = 7/20 cheap to midrange

Andamans/India B3 F5 C3 M2 = 13/20 midrange

Sihanoukville/Cambodia B1 F1 C1 M1 = 4/20 cheap

Nha Trang & whale isl. /Vietnam : B2 F1 C2 M2 = 7/20

Jeeez what a list! Now tell us when to go to each! I am waiting....

- Bill

Apparently the age of consent is 15 in France. But no paying for sex until she is 18. :eyebrow:
If you are famous, like those footballers, they will bend the law to accommodate them!
They were acquitted even one of them admitted the crime but claiming not knowingly! Innocence is NOT an excuse under any circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom