Bali Trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

<monkey> remember, the monkey touches you, you don't touch the monkey. You might want to look up the diseases they carry as I recall reading they carry Herpes B virus which can be quite bad. So you can be on the lookout for symptoms down the road. A doc in the US of A won't be thinking of this if you start having a problem. We happened to catch the monkey forest when it was between tourist loads. Which was good and bad because having a whole bunch of kids running around gets the monkeys excited but if it's just you, they only have you to bite if they decide to. I'd rather take that chance than have all those people around. The monkeys didn't bite me but a mosquito did and gave me a heck of a welt for a couple days.

I know it is wet season but is it worth going to Bali in February? Trying to put a trip together and collecting alternatives, Raja seems extremely expensive (I see 4k+ prices for a week...).

Hell yes it's worth going to Bali in February. Bali is a great value, in Indonesia there probably is no better cost to quality than Bali. And the Rupiah has been taking a beating by the currency traders so your Euro will go farther than a few years ago.

Hell yes it's worth going to Bali in February. Bali is a great value, in Indonesia there probably is no better cost to quality than Bali. And the Rupiah has been taking a beating by the currency traders so your Euro will go farther than a few years ago.

Value for sure, I did my research regarding prices:) My question is about the diving conditions there.

Value for sure, I did my research regarding prices:) My question is about the diving conditions there.

I've been to Bali a few times in Feb and the weather was just fine. A bit of rain here and there, but it is the rainy season so your experience may vary.
The vis is lower than the summer months and the seas can be rougher. I've had some interesting shore entry's/exits in Tulamben but my guide always had my back.
If we had high waves he would exit, remove his gear and come back in to help me out, which at the rocky entry's/exits I even appreciate when the seas are calm.

I've been to Bali a few times in Feb and the weather was just fine. A bit of rain here and there, but it is the rainy season so your experience may vary.The vis is lower than the summer months and the seas can be rougher. I've had some interesting shore entry's/exits in Tulamben but my guide always had my back.If we had high waves he would exit, remove his gear and come back in to help me out, which at the rocky entry's/exits I even appreciate when the seas are calm.
I am not in a rush, I also have a Red Sea/st John's trip and a Banda Island visit on my bucket list (Maldives too, but that's too expensive now), I just need to pick the ideal one for Feb.

Back
Top Bottom