Bali trip, diving around Tulamben, with pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edpdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I went for a two week trip to Bali with my wife. We spent the first week topside, staying in Sanur and Ubud. We enjoyed the local scenery and culture very much. After the first week, we spent a week diving at Scuba Seraya. It was a nice resort. Not too fancy, but comfortable. The restaurant had good food at reasonable prices. We did not leave the resort at all, which was fine. The dive operation was really excellent. The guides were good spotters, and they were extremely helpful in general. A lot of guests did mostly shore diving, which they loved for critter spotting. We did not, because my wife has MS, and it is easier for her to dive from the boat. We did 2 dives per day. You have to walk over from shore to the boat, and there is a lot of volcanic rubble to traverse. It can be very tricky, particularly when there are waves (which occur sometimes). The dive crew was very helpful to guests that needed help, including my wife. The diving was mostly critter and macro oriented, but we went to Amed for 4 of our dives, which had some nice reefs and a nice smaller wreck (the Japanese wreck). We also dove the Liberty wreck, which is a signature dive in the area. All in all, it was a very good trip. I would recommend the diving at Scuba Seraya, though not as much as my favorite Indonesian destinations, which are Raja Ampat, Ambon, and Lembeh.

Here are a few pictures to provide a sense of what the diving is like.

22302377492_7ae0bbda98_z.jpg
003_adj_DSC_9612 harlequin shrimp by Erwin Poliakoff, on Flickr

21690956393_89857a329c_z.jpg
002_adj_DSC_9948 by Erwin Poliakoff, on Flickr

22325395595_03442356db_z.jpg
006_adj_DSC_0183 blue ribbon eel by Erwin Poliakoff, on Flickr

22316658615_997405f7fa_z.jpg
004_adj_DSC_9629 crinoid squat lobster by Erwin Poliakoff, on Flickr

22154268168_f2f81c31ed_z.jpg
010_adj_DSC_0261 longnose hawkfish by Erwin Poliakoff, on Flickr

22368821501_980353a008_z.jpg
017_adj_DSC_9812 by Erwin Poliakoff, on Flickr

and the whole set can be viewed here: Bali diving pics

Thanks for the trip report! We have been to SS twice and it is a great little resort. I love the freedom SS gives you to dive when you want, where you want.
Some great shots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom