Bali shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guywood

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,
Am going to Bali for a couple of weeks in July August. I'm thinking we'll do a lap & dive as much as possible.
It seems from the forum that most diving is from boats? Can anyone suggest shore dive sites.
Thanks,
Guy

Happiness is a wetsuit that never gets dry.

Last edited:
Tulemben is good shore diving.

Easy shore diving and beautiful sites. I've done something like 36 dives there.

Do you want budget or resort?

Plenty of nice places there.

But if you are searching for budget -
If you have your own gear, you can dive Tulemben for as inexpensive as US $6 per night, $7 per dive, $1.50 per meal :wink:. Maybe even cheaper. Upgrade a bit and it gets more comfortable.

It's good to bring a partner unless you dive solo. Need a partner :D?

ps: I'm still investigating Amed? Heard you can hire local boats - usually very cheap if you talk directly to the fishermen -- but I'm not sure of the costs.

Last edited:
Hmmm?!

Where is this cheapness located? Which dive shop/bungalow?
Im headed there in a few days!

Thanks Kathydee,
Would love to know more about the cheap diving / accomm.
Maybe we can share a boat hire for a dive or 3. I'll be there with my wife Jill & daughter Emma; 4 makes a good size group I reckon.
Cheers,
Guy

Thanks Kathydee,
Would love to know more about the cheap diving / accomm.
Maybe we can share a boat hire for a dive or 3. I'll be there with my wife Jill & daughter Emma; 4 makes a good size group I reckon.
Cheers,
Guy

You don't really need a boat at Tulemben - just stay ocean side - the amazing dive sites are a very short swim away. I know of an old "resort" that has seen better days but it cheap and peaceful. You can stay in the basic rooms for about $6 US - no hot water. But if you upgrade to something like $22 thay have remodeled bungalows that are quite nice with comfortable amenities. The whole think is situated in a very relaxing basic coconut grove. It is find to dive your own equipment there but dont use the rentals. Just walk up the dirt road to the hard top and rent the good gear at the shop there.

The place is called Puri Madha. it might be kinda hard to find because the sign is old and it's down a long dirt road. The easiest way to find it is from the beach. Go to the public park for divers and then walk further west along the beach. The first place you come to is Puri Madha. Make sure you dive with Angel - he is a sweetie and has been diving that wreck his whole life. Please tell him Kathy in California sent you & I'll see him soon.

If you find yourself wanting t dive more than the wreck & drop off, have angel hire a local fishing boat and go out to some of the other dives - It's really cheap maybe $5-$6 per boat. Dives with your gear should be $6-$7

If you'll be there at the end of the summer, keep in touch.

Have fun!

Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom