Bali Dive Report - from today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did enjoy writing the 10 most wanted creatures of SE article. I'm going to PM you for more info on the dive sites. If we can photograph some Rhinopia, then that should benefit all of the dive operators / travel companies in Bali, since Bali is not that well known for Rhinopia yet. - Scott

Did I mention I saw a hairy frogfish on a nightdive in Jepun 3 days ago, and that yesterday é other divers on my boat saw a wobbegong on Gili Mimpang while I was enjoying shooting coral reef colors.
You could have cut on your company spendings sending Brent only one week in Bali and he would probably have ticked off the critters all the same :).

Two of the four suspects on the Jetty :

Lacey Rhinopias by Luko Gecko, on Flickr

Paddleflap Rhinopias by Luko Gecko, on Flickr

Grungy hairstyle frogfish at nighttime on Jepun :

Hairy frogfish portrait by Luko Gecko, on Flickr

Luko, those are awesome! really well done.

I remember one of my early dives in Tulamben a few years ago. The resort drove me and my camera on a scooter with my wife down to the drop-off. It was a night dive, and we slowly swam back (just the two of us) towards the Liberty wreck. At the end of the dive, we surfaced right in front of our bungalow. Walked out of the water, put the tank/gear on the porch and went to sleep. It was so awesome.

Scott

---------- Post added August 21st, 2014 at 09:36 AM ----------

Wow, Brent found a great Bumblebee shrimp yesterday Muck Dive Critters in Tulamben

Scott

Hi Scott,
Let us know if Brent wants to dive one of the best macro sites in Bali, ie. The Jetty from Padang Bai.
It would be a pity not to include this "newish" site in this report...

hi Cedric - I agree! I believe Brent is diving the Jetty this very moment.. hopefully he'll find some Rhinopia. He should be updating the Best of SE Asia blog soon.

If he visits Padang Bai (he is staying in Candidasa) I'll have him stop by and say hi. Personally I've dived with Gecko before, Bob the original owner took me on a few dives and I had a blast! - Scott

Hi Scott,
Good to know you've been diving with Bob et al in the past. The old man just got back to Padang Bai... You can still see him hang around the shop from time to time!
Hope Brent sees lots of rhinopias on his dives there. There are at least 4 present at the moment and a few hairy frogfish too. Blue ring octopus can be more difficult to spot.
See ya

Hi Scott, we were in the room next door to Brent at the Lotus Bungalows and can assure you he is working hard :)

Reading through the site now and I wish I was back there.

Back
Top Bottom