Bali Dive Centres & Locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ascanio1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

I am Italian, I live in Tokyo, I am an Advanced Open Water Diver

with Padi with few dives (25) but Zero under water photography

experience: never shot a single frame! I am also new to this Forum so

I apologise if I ask questions which have already been asked and

replied to.

I am going to Bali this next week and I was wondering if anyone can

reccommend me a good dive Centre and the best Dive locations.

Thank you for you advice and time!

Tommaso

Bali Diving, SCUBA Dive Bali Indonesia with AquaMarine Diving Bali
Diving Bali with Bali Scuba. Bali diving trips, PADI courses and Nitrox.
Bali Diving Academy | Diving Bali | Bali Scuba Diving | Bali Diving Adventures
Bali diving | Dive Bali | Diving Bali,

A dive locations a good and it will depend on the day as to where you should go. Operators can advise depending on experience level.

Tulamben is good but so is Pemuteran and Nusa Pendia....oh heck its all good . . . depends on what you want to see

Dear ayan,

Thanks for the list but I needed an adivice on WHICH is the best in your opinion. Thanks, ciao,

Tommaso

Dear ayan,

Thanks for the list but I needed an adivice on WHICH is the best in your opinion. Thanks, ciao,

Tommaso

Tommaso, there are a couple of hundred dive operators in Bali.

All four of these operators very good, and safe. See which one offers you the better deal?

Wayan,

Thank you, I apologise for my presumption. I will check them out. I already have with Aquamarine and they might be the right ones. But I'll give a call to the others, ciao,

Tommaso

Wayan,

Thank you, I apologise for my presumption. I will check them out. I already have with Aquamarine and they might be the right ones. But I'll give a call to the others, ciao,

Tommaso

No Problem Tommaso, hope you have a good trip

Hey you can head to Padangbai and just walk around and find a dive operator you like - it's a central location and many travel to other sides. Enjoy! Bali is one of my favorite places to dive.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the advice. Finally I rented a camera and housing for 30$ and had a go at it. I found that for m level of experience a simple housing which allows the flash is more than enough and I also contacted Aquamarine. Their Barbarwa was very nice but they do not operate from Nusa Dua. I then contacted Bali Diving Academy and they are amazing. The dive guide was really helpful he adapting to all our lastminute change of plans and the equipment was good with almost 220 Bar in the tank. His pre and post water briefings were a bit on the concise side (Depth, time and a few details of the dive) but he provided an underwater map for every pre dive. I reccommend them!

Very Very poor and dangerous another Diving Centre: Water World:
- The boat pilot got to less than 10ft of my body with propellers moving.
- NO pre dive briefing (time, depth, points to be careful about, points to see, path and plan). When he was asked, he said simply: “It’s a shallow dive, stay with me”.
- No post dive debriefing.
- The equipment is old.
- My regulator was noisy and the last part of the inhaling was a little hard.
- The mouth piece was old and had an unpleasant taste.
- The pressure of the tanks was only 185 Bar.
- The boat has a very poor ladder. Getting back onboard is difficult and dangerous.
- The lunch box was atrocious.
- But the boat pilot (while unsafe) is very able to navigate in rough waters.

I saw the wreck, mantas, and tomorrow I go for a shark dive and then a "cave dive" in the sense that we enter the cave from underwater but it's open air!

Again, thanks to everyone and safe & fun diving to all, see you underwater, ciao,

Tommaso

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the advice. ............... I then contacted Bali Diving Academy and they are amazing. The dive guide was really helpful he adapting to all our last minute change of plans and the equipment was good with almost 220 Bar in the tank. His pre and post water briefings were a bit on the concise side (Depth, time and a few details of the dive) but he provided an underwater map for every pre dive. I recommend them!
Tommaso

Glad to see that you did not have any problems with them.....

Hope you enjoy the rest of your holdiay

Just out of interest: did you bring any of your complaints to the attention of the staff at your 'dangerous' dive centre? If so, what was the response?

Back
Top Bottom