Bali and Singapore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robertson

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just realized I've posted my question in the wrong forum. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a reputable dive shop on Bali and the best part of the island to stay at for the diving... (please, please don't say Kuta Beach!) I can't seem to find a good dive book for Indonesia - but am wondering whether I should just head to the Gilli Islands straight away or stick around Bali. I'm going for 7 days in 2 weeks. I was thinking maybe Nusa Lembogan or perhaps Candi Dasa for the diving?

I have my AOW certification... but I think I'd classify myself as an intermediate diver.

Also, does anyone know of a dive club in Singapore that organizes dives around the area? I've heard there are a lot of expats here who dive the various areas in Malaysia/Indonesia on the weekends etc.

Thanks!

HR

Robertson:
Hi all,

I just realized I've posted my question in the wrong forum. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a reputable dive shop on Bali and the best part of the island to stay at for the diving... (please, please don't say Kuta Beach!) I can't seem to find a good dive book for Indonesia - but am wondering whether I should just head to the Gilli Islands straight away or stick around Bali. I'm going for 7 days in 2 weeks. I was thinking maybe Nusa Lembogan or perhaps Candi Dasa for the diving?

I have my AOW certification... but I think I'd classify myself as an intermediate diver.

Also, does anyone know of a dive club in Singapore that organizes dives around the area? I've heard there are a lot of expats here who dive the various areas in Malaysia/Indonesia on the weekends etc.

Thanks!

HR

I have been in SG for some time and would recommend Living Seas as a dive shop to check out (H**p://www.livingseas.com.sg). You can book many trips there including Bali, Malaysia (Tioman, Aur etc). They also teach PADI, GUE courses.The season in Malaysia is low now due to monsoon, but should be picking up shortly, I think around March time frame.

I am not sure on the dive outfits in Bali, but with Living seas you can definitely book trips.

Hope this helps,

Hi Robertson
many books about diving Bali and Indonesia. The most detail is published by Periplus - Diving Bali by David Pickel and Wally Siagian. Check also the other Periplus book - Diving Indonesia A guide to the world's greatest diving - by Kal Muller.
There's also many threats regarding Bali diving in this forum incl. some recommended DS, reports ect. Tulamben, Pulau Menjangan, Candi dasa, Cemeluk, Nusa Lembongan are the most polpular Bali's dive site.
Very easy for to jump to Bali from Singapore.
Cheers

Robertson:
Hi all,

Thanks!

HR
Robertson
I use Bali International Dive Professionals or BIDP exclusively for all my diving in Bali. Been using them since they started. They have the best laid out dive boat for Nusa Penida/Lembongan.
The best place to stay for diving Nusa Penida/Lembongan is Sanur, since that's where most of the boats leave from. Much quieter than Kuta and more upscale without the prices.
The Gilis as in Trawangan has so so diving except in the deeper reefs which with your qualifications, will be out of your depth range.
The other Gili Tepekong, Selang and the Padang Bai surrounds are better reached from Amed and Candidasa.
In Singapore the Singapore Club Aquanauts are one of the better known expat clubs for diving. I don't think they go out every weekend. There is local diving to be had but it's mud viz most of the year except for 2-3 weeks when it's decent. The Anambas Islands area is best diving in the area of singapore imho. You'll need to get a liveaboard. Nov is near the beginning of the north east monsoon.

I recommend you to stay at Tulamben area. There are couples dive sites around there. ANd on the way back, you can stay couple nights at Candi Dasa. Dive sites at Nusa Penida and Gili can be reached by boat ride from Candi Dasa.

I always use Bali Diving Academy. They are really really good and professional. I ll tell you later the dive guide's name if you are really interested to know. He s really good on finding things.

Robertson:
Hi all,

Thanks!

HR

Hi, ive been diving in Bali a couple of times. On recommending a dive shop i would say Bali Scuba (www.baliscuba.com) (5 Star Padi Center) Never actually dived with them but seen the reviews. If you need more information on dive shops and centres in Bali try Padi.com and go to search dive centres Indonesi (benoa has aLOT!!! of dive centers. If you want the best visibility 20-30m go to Nusa Penida and Nusa lembongan. As for singapore diving i would recommend it there is pretty puch no diving however there are dive shops and centres that take you for excursions outside singapore in an island.

Back
Top Bottom