Bali and Komodo OR just Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bqualls

Contributor
Reaction score
Going to Bali this september for 2 or 2 and a half weeks to dive. Should I take a puddle jumper to Komodo or just dive around Bali? In other word, is Komodo really that much better to justify losing a couple of dive days and taking an extra flight ( esp. on an airline that doesn't have the greatest rep. for safety) In Bali, I'm set on diving with the Molas @ Lembongan and doing the Liberty? Might not have time to do much else if I go to Komodo.....and I'd really like to try menjangan,pj, and secret bay. Love to hear from divers who have done both Bali and Komodo. Thanks in advance.

Yes, definately do both...you have got heaps of time.

MV Queen Scuba is doing trips to Komodo in September and will depart and return from Bali so no need for the flight.

Bali has great diving and the sites you have mentioned are very good though if you dive up at the Liberty Wreck you should try to dive and stay at a little resort down from it called Serraya for the critter divin it also has to offer.
If you are going to dive The Mola dive be sure to bring at least a 5mm suit for that dive as it is very cold from the deep up wellings and a hood and vest would help, if you do not have one ask the dive operator if they can rent you one for those dives before you arrive.
Hopefully this will not be your only trip to dive Indonesia as it is truly we believe one of the great dive ares of the world, you can dive all around Indonesia a get what we call WoW diving all around it.
in general I would say that yes, Komodo is definetly worth the extra effort if you think you will not be back to Indonesia again, for me it is one of the most beautiful and exhilarating dive sites in the world and after I dive it I say to myself this is why I dive. Like I said you will like the other dive sites around Bali but its like comparing you local state park to Yellowstone national park!
If you have any more questions please feel free to ask, we love to talk diving.

Certainly worth it, look into a LOB (5 days should be enough ). This will give you lots of diving in the best part of the park IMHO (RINJA).

with 2 1/2 weeks certainly enough time to do all that you suggest. For Mola Mola suggest that you stay on Lembongan (World Diving or Bali Dive Academy) to maximise you opportunity.

I always get stuck in Bali because I love it so much. The culture and atmosphere are just so fantastic! There is plenty of diving to keep you entertained for 2.5 weeks.

I usually spend a week at the Liberty, night and early morning diving are amazing - from there you can dive quite a few sites including the critter hunting in Serraya (hire a local boat).

From Padangbai you can dive the mola mola & manta point as well as lots of other sites around Padangbai.

Then if you stay in Lovina you can dive Menganjang. I remember I liked Spice Divers.

I like to spend my last few days top side in Ubud enjoying massages, good food and shopping :)!

Have fun!!!

Back
Top Bottom