Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Guys

I'd have no problems moving to Padangbai to dive with Gecko. It's kind of weird, this is the first time I've ever prebooked anything, anywhere and I'm sort of feeling like I've made some massive commitment to Adventure Divers but in reality, I've only paid them in advance for a weeks worth of accommodation.

I'm looking at Bali as a place I may want to return to every year so I'm planning on renting a scooter for the month that I'll be there and exploring is defiantly part of the plan. I could move to Padangbai for a week or so if need be, the same with Tulamben and I'm seeing it's a little less "structured"than Amed.

So glad this thread ended up with lots of advice and good tips. You all really clarified my head and helped make my trip excellent. In the end, it was just perfect. I wanted to tell all here, but had to submit a separate trip report because my entry was too long for a reply. Here's the link to my full report, including non-diving stuff. Bali trip report: 2 days of diving in a 10-day trip.

Long story short: Did three dives on Nusa Penida with Bali Scuba, including Toyopakah which was lovely, saw mola molas in the distance, and did three dives on Liberty Wreck from Liberty Dive Resort, and one other there, at the dropoff. Went to Padang bai for our last night to snorkel and found it very underwhelming as a town, Jemuluk Bay in Amed was superb, and there are a more details I comment on in my trip report.

If I go again I'll look for those three dives off Candi Dasa recommended here, and also the northwest of the island.

Thanks for all the advice: you all really helped.

Attachments

• PA160026.JPG
    PA160026.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 95
  • PA160086.JPG
    PA160086.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 97
  • PA160456.JPG
    PA160456.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 92
  • PA160264.JPG
    PA160264.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 90
So glad this thread ended up with lots of advice and good tips. You all really clarified my head and helped make my trip excellent. In the end, it was just perfect. I wanted to tell all here, but had to submit a separate trip report because my entry was too long for a reply. Here's the link to my full report, including non-diving stuff. Bali trip report: 2 days of diving in a 10-day trip.

Long story short: Did three dives on Nusa Penida with Bali Scuba, including Toyopakah which was lovely, saw mola molas in the distance, and did three dives on Liberty Wreck from Liberty Dive Resort, and one other there, at the dropoff. Went to Padang bai for our last night to snorkel and found it very underwhelming as a town, Jemuluk Bay in Amed was superb, and there are a more details I comment on in my trip report.

If I go again I'll look for those three dives off Candi Dasa recommended here, and also the northwest of the island.

Thanks for all the advice: you all really helped.

Glad you had a nice trip but all we really care about is whether you have nice comments on our looks. That is especially true of Luko, poor guy.

- Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom