Baja/Sea of Cortez

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

of diving. COZ is great drift diving. Cabo is not drift diving. You will see the Sea Lions at Cabo but no reef. Surge is a factor at Cabo but not at Coz. Night life is about the same with Planet Hollywood, Sr. Froggy's, etc. One should experience both places. Since you've been to Coz maybe it's time to see the other coast? Just a thought.

Don't go to Cabo. If you do Baja go to Loreto or La Paz.

metaldector once bubbled...
of diving. COZ is great drift diving. Cabo is not drift diving. You will see the Sea Lions at Cabo but no reef. Surge is a factor at Cabo but not at Coz. Night life is about the same with Planet Hollywood, Sr. Froggy's, etc. One should experience both places. Since you've been to Coz maybe it's time to see the other coast? Just a thought.

Planet Hollywood on Cozumel is no more. Likewise Hooter's. Good riddance to 'em.

Having been to Coz last October and Cabo Pulmo and La Paz in early August...here are some thoughts! After a long boat ride to El Bajo, the hammerheads were gone. I did see more eels in one dive than any of my other trips tho. I enjoy Cabo Pulmo but with less viz in Nov. and colder water tempsin the Sea, Coz wins hands down IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom