Bahia Principe Dive Shop Tulum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did a couple of dives with Jose at Akumal dive adventures while my wife took a resort course with Shayla. A 2 tank dive is $62 usd and they go to reefs that are a 5 to 10 minute boat ride from their facility. They have a swimming pool on site for the resort course and my wife thought Shayla was a great instructor. Excellant facility with friendly professional staff and great prices. I would recommend it to everyone and will go dive with them when we return to Akumal.

The more dives you book, the lower the per tank price. If you do at least 10 dives the price goes down to $25/tank. Jose, Shaleh and Lupe are all great to dive with. It's a very friendly shop and I've always found it to me a bit more low key and relaxed then the other Akumal shops, but that's just my personal preference.

Does anybody know how far is Akumal from the resort? What will be the best way to go there?

Not very far. (5 minute drive or so)

There is a bus that goes from gate of the resort to Akumal. Thats the cheapest way. You can also take a taxi, but that could get expensive.

We are going to be in Tulum and Akumal in Feb. I dove with Akumal dventures and akumal dive shop and have good memories of divind with both of them.
My 13 year old in interested in getting certified and I certainly was not evaluating them on that level. Can someone recommend either of these or the dive shop mentioned in Tulum for my daughter?

I fully agree with "scubawife". At Bahia Principe, there are very good professionals, such as Matt and Jeff brothers, who have been all his adult life linked to diving in open water and caverns, and that will support you in your cenote or arrecife diving discoveries, also Pato, Alejandro, Ernesto, etc...-all the staff that I knew and I am not able to include here name by name- will give you the necessary support and guide in your divings. I include the web page as reference:

bahiadivecenter.com --BahùÂ PrùÏcipe Dive Center - Riviera Maya, MñÙico --

If you need more info, do not hesitate to contact me.

ah, I forget, ... the resort is wonderful, : )))

IÃ×e just got back from GBP. I agree with the last comment. The place is beautiful. As about resort's dives shop... It is full service dive shop, very advanced with high level of staff and equipment. No reason to go with other diving companies if you are staying at GBP. Same prices and good quality of service.

Unfortunately I had to stop diving at some point of my vacation because I developed strange symptoms strong needles filling in skin at random location, mostly in fingers, and dry cough. I was afraid it was nitrogen bubbles. IÃÎ inexperience diver and possibly get over-exited and went up to fast few times. But in any case it was my fault May be it is a time to get a computer?

IÃ×e just got back from GBP. I agree with the last comment. The place is beautiful. As about resort's dives shop... It is full service dive shop, very advanced with high level of staff and equipment. No reason to go with other diving companies if you are staying at GBP. Same prices and good quality of service.

Unfortunately I had to stop diving at some point of my vacation because I developed strange symptoms strong needles filling in skin at random location, mostly in fingers, and dry cough. I was afraid it was nitrogen bubbles. IÃÎ inexperience diver and possibly get over-exited and went up to fast few times. But in any case it was my fault May be it is a time to get a computer?

I would suggest calling DAN 919-684-4326

Thank you, Sandy. The symptoms are almost gone. But I can talk to them just to try to understand if it was something I need to wary about in the future.

You're welcome. I had to call them about 25 years ago - turned out to be nothing but you never know. Have a good week.

I did my open water certification course with bahia dive center on the resort. I found my instructor Alejandro to be knowledgeable and patient with me. The whole staff ( Carlos, Alejandro, Sebastian and Eugenio ) are friendly and always willing to talk and explain diving principles to you while maintaining safe practices. I would certainly dive with them again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom