Bahia Divers??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LowGear

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone out there use Bahia divers in tulum B-4??? Going this weekend for seven days and planning on diving almost every day!! :) Thanks for any response!

LowGear:
Anyone out there use Bahia divers in tulum B-4??? Going this weekend for seven days and planning on diving almost every day!! :) Thanks for any response!

Dove with them last November & December.
Had an excellent time diving with them.

Be sure to book the dives in advance.
Lockers are provided at no charge for storage of personal gear while at the resort.

More info at their website and you can email Mauricio.

Have a nice vacation, wish I was back there again.
Tom

LC-Rider:
Be sure to book the dives in advance.

Hmm, I've been emailing them about my trip in may and when I asked for a reservation I got the following:

Hello again:
We don´t need any deposits or reservations on advanced, just as soon as you get here, please stop by the dive shop so you can book your dives.
Best regards
Octavio

I don't like that. I want to know I've got dives booked before I go down.

James

James Goddard:
Hmm, I've been emailing them about my trip in may and when I asked for a reservation I got the following:

I don't like that. I want to know I've got dives booked before I go down.

James

Hey James,

By booking in advance, it was meant as show up at the shop and sign up for the dives a day or 2 in advance.
They keep a sign up book at their desk.

They can get booked up due to their limitation of resources (dive boats, dive masters and instructors) as with any other dive op.

They do not charge for any cancellations and payment is done after the dives before you leave the resort.

They probably do not accept any advance bookings if you are not there personally as it is more or less a first come first serve basis as with any dive op.

I personally do not have any ties to the Bahia Divers and my recommendations are only based on my experience with them while I was on vacation.

If it is absolutely necessary to book your dives in advance, then maybe the Bahia Divers are not the dive op for you.

For myself, the Bahia Divers were very professional and convenient and I did not find it a problem if they were booked up on a particular day as there was always openings the next day or the day after that.

And besides, I was there to have a vacation and relax without having to worry about that kind of stuff.
Just give me a white sand beach to lay on next to the Carribean Sea and a cervesa to sip on and I am happy.

Take care,
Tom

LC-Rider:
if they were booked up on a particular day as there was always openings the next day or the day after that.

Wow, thanks for the warning Tom, seriously. I've never not booked dives in advance and sounds like not getting to dive is a commmon thing...*yikes*.

James

Hey James,

It's a kinda of a "hit / miss" deal.
The first week of the vacation wasn't too bad as there were quite a few dives open, especially in the morning as it is the deeper dive.

But the second week there were quite a lot more divers along with the next batch of tourist that arrived at the resorts.

If you get there early, there should be no problems booking the dives throughout your vacation.

Have a nice time, wish I was there again.
Tom

I was excited from the start. As for Bahia divers I can only say good things.
As for booking dives they have no problems getting people to dive. They have 2 boats one they use for the snorkle tours and one for diving. But both are equiped for diving. Once you get there you can scedule all of your dives. But you don't have to pay till the end of the week before you leave. That way you only have to pay for what you dive. They work you into what ever package you fall under. I did 12 dives through the week and that is all I had to pay for. I did the cenotes once and a cozemel dive through bahia divers. I had one day that I went to playa and took the fairy over with my wife and inlaws, I found out if there is a strong north wind on cozemel the government copletely shut down diving on the island. I was pretty upset having to miss a whole day of diving. I would have stayed at the bahia and dove there if I knew that. So after comming back to the hotel I decided I would just stay with them for the rest of my stay. I learned alot through those guys about the area. I found out that national geographic worked with them doing research in the caves. ask to see the national geo
magazine where one of the managers is on the cover holding a 3500 year old skull in the cave under water. We tried getting a night dive put together but couldn't get enough people together. Boooo :) As for cozumel bahia divers was great. We had it sceduled for thursday and if the whether was bad the then scedule it for the next day. They take care of everything,they use 8 passenger vans then they pay for parking the farry and the taxi to the boats. We had to scuba boats and they had 1 snorkle boat at another place. Then between dives they have a large fruit plate. I went to the onsite restraunt and ordered a meal which was very good. My diving scedule was as follows: After arriving Saturday I went right to the Dive shop. I did my first dive on Sunday! I did the 9AM and the 11Am dive. The coral was amazing on my first dive we seen a big turtle which was pretty cool. Also, tons of pretty fish. Went down to 100' for 28 min. Temp was 72 at bottom multi level dive around 75 at the surface. Being my first dive down to 100' was great. But I was an air hog my first dive. Started with 3200 psi ended with 395psi. Even for being my first dive in such an environment The divemasters were great. They have plenty of them so they can have mutiple groups, they went through the procedures for safety and kept a good eye on all of our air. I had the airies ai
comp which I had used for my first time. awsome comp.
My second dive on sunday we went to 77' for 36 min. seen a barracuda good size, and a 3-4' eal. 3075psi 500psi end. I didn't get to dive monday thats when i tried the cozumel thing BOOOO! LOL
Tuesday: 9AM 104' 41 min Large turtle 3010psi 350 psi. 11:45AM: 61' 50 min small Tuna 3300psi 380psi Then I decided to do 3PM dive which is there beginers time but I just wanted to do as much diving as possible. They will have an instructer for each new diver and if there are a couple of experience divers they will make a group in slightly deeper water. Which I enjoyed every minute of it.
Wednesday is when I did the cenotes 9AM max depth 27' 47min. 11Am 36' 39min I enjoyed it one time, but for me it got boring. To each his own!
Thursday cozumel 1st 72' 43min 76'ferinhieght 2nd 79' 48min At cozumel seen giant grouper feeding giant lobster and a nice eal swimming.
Friday did 2 more dives they fley home saturday.
Once they divemasters see that you are a safe diver and good with boyancy they don't keep such a hard leash on ya. Which I enjoyed taking my time.
If you go there do a snorkle tour to. I did one with my wife and father inlaw and even after diving all week I enjoyed that to. Seen a giant scool of fish so thick you can't even see through it and a giant barracuda looking for lunch thank god he only wanted smalll fish and not a big fish like me! I got within a few feet of it for some pic's.
Sorry for such a long page but just wanted to let anyone know.
Please excuse my spelling and grammer. Also at Tukum on one of the 3pm dive we got to see a 8'-9' nurse shark and that made my day!!

LowGear:

I just got back from the Bahia Principe Tulum yesterday (Sunday). I dove on Tuesday and again on Thursday in Cozumel. Everything was arranged and taken care of by Bahia Divers. They're great! I wanted to dive Friday night but two of our four-some backed out, making the group too small to go out. I enjoyed working with them and look forward to going back.

Paconurmi...

Just got back from Bahai Principe Akumal. The resort now has it's own shop called Bahia Principe Dive Shop; and Bahia Divers is now a private shop located at Xal-HA. Not sure of all the details but former owner of Bahia Divers Stephano Pedroni is moving on, and the busness is being taken over by new propieters. We had arranged to finish our referral dives with them and we were very happy. Our divemasters / instructors Dan & Sue were very friendly and proffesional. My wife and I had one to one instruction and only the four of us on the boat other than the captain.They picked us up at the hotel both days for our referral dives, and for the cenote dives we did after completion. Dan and Sue were fantastic to finish our certification with and am looking forward to going back to do more dives with them.

Thanks for this info. So far, Bahia Principe Resorts is our favorite AI in the Tulum area. It is good to know that they finally have a dive shop on site. This is cetainly exciting news!

Phil (bisugo767)

Just got back from Bahai Principe Akumal. The resort now has it's own shop called Bahia Principe Dive Shop; and Bahia Divers is now a private shop located at Xal-HA. Not sure of all the details but former owner of Bahia Divers Stephano Pedroni is moving on, and the busness is being taken over by new propieters. We had arranged to finish our referral dives with them and we were very happy. Our divemasters / instructors Dan & Sue were very friendly and proffesional. My wife and I had one to one instruction and only the four of us on the boat other than the captain.They picked us up at the hotel both days for our referral dives, and for the cenote dives we did after completion. Dan and Sue were fantastic to finish our certification with and am looking forward to going back to do more dives with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom