Bahamas - Would this be Drift Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djanni

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Would you consider the diving in the Northwest Bahamas to be Drift diving.

If so can you estimate the currents and/or compare to Cozumel?

you would have to be more specific about where you are diving, NW could mean Andros, Nassau, Freeport??????????????

rexman24:
you would have to be more specific about where you are diving, NW could mean Andros, Nassau, Freeport??????????????

I should have mentioned it's a Nekton trip. So... I guess it's all of those places. I have heard there is often a current and sometimes as strong as 3 knots.

West of the islands you have the same Gulfstream and associated eddies you have off WPB. Currrents along the dropoffs will vary based onthe tides and location of the Stream. East of the islands in the Tongue a 0.1 knot current is considered ripping.

Based on the reputation of the Nekton crews the diving should be adapted to the current situation at each site. Some will probably be drift, some on a hook.

Both are good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom