Bahamas Newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had heard about Emma, but she didn't make an appearance when I was there - great shot!

Has anyone done the epicdiving bimini hammerhead trip?

And how does the shark feeding dive by Stuart Cove's in Nassau compare to the shark feeding dive by Unexso out of Freeport?

---------- Post added May 1st, 2015 at 07:23 AM ----------

I was just to Grand Bahama the first week of November and dove with UNEXSO. The experience needed the shark and dolphin dives is OW or Junior OW. We did the shark feeding dive at Shark Junction, but the dolphin dive was cancelled due to high wind/bad weather. We also did some non-feeding dives at Shark Junction as well. Still lots of reef sharks swimming around.
There is beach access almost across the street from UNEXSO, but don't count on shore diving. Some of the beach is associated with the Grand Lucayan hotel and with Memories Resort. There is a public access point next to the police station just west of Memories Resort. Not much to see though in terms of beach diving. The reefs are perhaps a mile out, and not much more than a couple of stingrays that we saw from shore. Outside the swimming area marked by the resorts, there is a lot of boat and jet-ski traffic associated with the watersports programs offered by the hotels. Not particularly safe for swimming/diving.

Is it worth paying extra for the shark feeding dive, or will you see the same amount of sharks, and get as close to the sharks just doing a regular dive at Shark Junction?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom