Bahamas liveaboard or Belize Glover's Reef?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Trying to decide where to dive next summer, and I've narrowed it down to a Bahamas liveaboard trip or staying with Isla Marisol on Glover's Reef in Belize. Does anyone have experience with both and can compare the quality of divesites and marine life? All input is greatly appreciated. Thx!

I haven't dove Belize yet, but if you are looking for a Bahamas live aboard, Lost Island Voyages is a great option.

Lost Island Voyages is a family owned and operated scuba diving live aboard company. The Avalon is a 65 foot ketch rigged sail boat designed for live aboard dive adventures in the remote areas of the Bahamas. The vessel features six private cabins designed for 12 guests.

One of the greatest features of Lost Island Voyages is its customized dive trips. Because they are family owned and operated (in the office too!) they are abe to help you set up a specialized trip that is just for your group. Most of the trips are 7 day trips that depart out of Nassau, New Providence BUT they also schedule several 9 or 10 day trips, and some trips that depart out of Freeport, Grand Bahama or Bimini if there is interest. And then based on weather and your own input, the trip is customized around how much diving you want to do vs. snorkeling, beach exploring, sailing, port nights, etc. Trip price is only $1290 per person for everything included: great meal variety, beverages (alcoholic and non), and all week's diving. Bahamas Scuba Diving | Liveaboard Diving | aboard Lost Island Voyages / 3057567762 office

Yes, I have taken groups to both. It is an excellent time of year for either dest. I don't think that you will go wrong with either choice!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom