Bahamas live aboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been on trips with Explorer Ventures to Saba/St. Kitts and Turks and Caicos. Both trips were enjoyable, no problems, good food. I'll be going with them again in the future.

Just posted this on the liveaboard forum, but it's worth repeating. You might check out other opinions on some other Bahamas liveaboard options (Nekton, Cat Palau, Blackbeards), I've only done Aquacat and it was my 1st time...

I just returned (2 weeks ago) from a week aboard the Aquacat with my son :D. I have done a fair amount of resort based diving in my day, but this was my first liveaboard trip. 25 dives over 6 days, and I can't say enough about the crew, the boat, the diving, and the overall experience. Boat was super stable, food was fantastic, and the crew couldn't do enough to make the trip fun. Enough good humor while still keeping their eye(s) on the ball and keeping it safe. My 13 y.o. son did his final open water dives for his certification with them, and they did a great job of not just going through the checklist but really working him on his skills, teaching him a bunch extra throughout the week even after he was finished with his certification, discreetly keeping on eye on him, giving him constant positive reinforcement, and overall giving him a phenomenal start to his SCUBA life. It is a bit more $$$ than other operations, but I have to say I think it was worth every $0.01. There are many, many more places I want to go, but I am going to have a hard time not going back there next spring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom