BAHAMAS here I come

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am leaving for the Bahamas next week for the weekend so I wont have a chance to do any diving, but I am going to be snorkeling. I know we are flying into Grand Bahama so we are staying somewhere near there. Can anyone give me an info about the snorkeling in that area?
THANKS

This time of year, I recommend a 3mm shortie, or even a full-length.

A Great Place that will pick you up and drop you off,
Paradise cove and they have a site on the Island closest to shore reef Dead Mans Reef!
You can see rays,tons of fish! and they have a snack bar with food and drink a great way to spend the day!
There is a great blue hole way on the east tip of the Island, need a car to do it / get too.
Otherwise the island has nothing but sand and more sand if your thinking of a swim out to reef you need to do a boat,
Then if you get a chance get over and see my pal "BillyJoel" on the west side of the beach of "OurLucaya" Westin/Sheaton resort in Lucaya his beach shack serves a mean conch salad or fresh catch of the day,or burger get to him early! as its spring break on the Island and things are ROCKIN!Just Rockin,got a email this a.m.

Then if you like to find a fun place/joint on the beach get to the[Margaritavilla,aka The Sand Bar,] This place is way east of town too much money if you try to take a cab! But if you rent a car head to Mathers town its on the map!Next to Club Caribe
or call a head and do lunch they do a free pick up drop off!
This place is a blast and you dont know who you will meet,from heads of state to judges,locals and folks in the know! This small beach bar has Great food and drink and is on miles of pure white sand beach and the waters warm at low tide like a bathtub/Hot tub! Oh Ya one night a week Jenks and his wife do a bond fire and cook out,If your on Island that night DO IT! Food and drink is Great!
This is were my wife tryed to walk on water after she thought we were in/on shark dive and it was just a pod of spotted dolphins locals and she had the tail thing all wrong!
Man have a blast the trade winds are a nice 80's and waters deep in 72 + warming and near shore are much warmer late in the day! Sun,Sun,Sun! tons of sun stuff on the tops of your feet TOO!

Thanks everyone I wish I was diving but oh well atleast I get to escape the coldness of Maryland for a weekend. Ill get a chance to dive another time.

Back
Top Bottom