bahamas help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveincanada

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone !
I'm new to the forum but been diving for quite a while...

I'm looking for suggestions...
I wanna go on a long weekend of diving(4days).
Looking for a direct flight from Montreal(since I'm only there 4 days)
This will probably be in November.
I also want a place where I can have fun @ night, go out, meet some people.

Cozumel is easy, but I've been there a lot and it's pretty quiet at night plus you gotta take the bus, plus the ferry, etc...

Cuba... I know that it's complicated for the americans, but it is in fact easy access for us Canadian, but I've been there once. I know, it was Varadero, but diving wasn't that good and food was terrible...

Been to Guadeloupe & Martinique a lot... ok diving, expensive everything...

So the Bahamas came to mind... Direct flight from Montreal... But I dunno, never been there... what do you guys think ???? Weather, diving, people, hotels....
Any advice will be greatly appreciated !!!!
Tks !!!!!!!!!!!

The diving off Nassau on New Providence may offer some intriguing prospects. They have a lot of nice wrecks, walls starting at 35 ft. dropping thousands, the Lost Blue Hole, sharks, the Tongue of the Ocean, some caves. Plenty of things to do and see in a four day period. I would suggest getting in touch with Stuart Cove for diving off the west end of the island where there are a lot of sites and the clear waters of the Tongue of the Ocean. Bahama Divers services the east end and also runs to the Lost Blue Hole, a must see for serious divers with the time to head out there. Downtown Nassau itself has seen better days but there is still a lot to recommend the island. You could stay on Paradise (aka Hog) Island and drive 45 min. or so to Stuart Cove or stay closer at Cable Beach or wherever the shops suggest you stay after due consideration. Stuart Cove?s Dive Bahamas Scuba Diving Nassau Bahamas Best Snorkeling Adventures
Bahama Divers Home Page
Recent writeup on their shark dive: Video & Photos - Nassau Shark Dive With Stuart Cove - FKA Kiteboarding Forums

Another entirely different option would be to fly to Freeport. Fred and Melinda run a very friendly, low key operation there in excellent visibility with some nice wrecks, walls, sharks and a blue hole. It is less costly than Nassau, more compact, Lucaya looks great but some parts of Freeport have also seen better days. I just was over there two weekends ago and had a blast. Took the Discovery Cruise ship over on a cruise and hotel package and saved a lot. The boat can take some extra time for transfers a couple of hours each way still if you aren't in a hurry it offers a different lower cost travel option. Also, nothing posh about the boat at all but it does get you there and back. Grand Bahamas Scuba - Meet Fred Riger Discount Cruise Vacation Package - Discovery Cruise Lines
Just started to prepare a detailed writeup on the trip.

There are still many other options, Small Hope Bay on Andros would make a nice weekend visit with lots of varied diving. There isn't much to do on land after except to relax in scenic surroundings on island time. Still, it is a good place to go for divers. Bahamas All Inclusive - Andros Bahamas Hotel - Bahamas Vacation

There are still more choices out there in the Bahamas, it is a great place!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom