Bahamas for Christmas - idea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FM1520

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We are looking to supplement boat dives with shore diving. Any recommendations? I heard the Abacos is the place for shore diving.

Abacos diving is really nice. Very shallow, but lots of fish. I think we maxed well under 60’. I dove with Brendals shop on Green Turtle Cay. Pretty basic and easy diving, but lots of fun. There may be deeper, but we never saw it. I also did some snorkeling from the shore out to the first reef less than 500’ offshore.(see below pic). It was barely below the surface at low tide. The second reef was deeper. We didn’t ask about renting tanks for shore diving.

I can’t say enough about Green Turtle. Might want to check and see how they are doing after last year’s hurricane.

2D927BB7-8C63-46CD-B2FF-E2AAFD4A0D8D.jpeg

I cant comment on all the Bahamas but for Nassau and Exumas there is pretty much no where i would shore dive. Either you swimming over 20 foot deep water over sand for 70 miles or walking across sharp rock to swim across shallow rock / coral to drop offs with wicked currents and the risk of being run over by local small boats! If you have access to small boat, you can get a lot of dives in. If you have all your own gear and getting fills from a local shop you can probably hire a local guy and a boat to drop you and keep watch, pay him more than he would make hunting lobsters and im sure youd have a few takers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom