Bahamas Dive Ops - Options 8/22 - 8/27/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EZ_2000

Reaction score
Greetings all,

Looking at a trip 8/22/12 - 8/27/12 and would like to find a small operator. Experienced buddy team so just looking for a lift to the dive sites. Not opposed to private charter, but have not made time to fully investigate.

Was referred to Grand Bahama Scuba & they sound great but do not run on Saturday & Sunday which are my prime dive days for this trip.

Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.

Many thanks.

My only other suggestion would be UNEXSO. They're not a mom & pop operation but they do run dive boats every day provided there are at tleast 4 divers.

+1 for UNEXSO Ridiculously fun & professional, fantastic operation.

would like to find a small operator.
Sunn Odyssey is (I believe) just a husband/wife operation.

I would also consider Viva Diving in Grand Bahama. Small op, well run and safe, inside the Wyndham resort. The boat is typically not crowded. Went with them last spring break and going back in a few days for more diving.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused. Just got back and definately dove on saturday with grand bahama scuba. Which i would definately recommend. Fred knows this place incredibly well as he's been diving here for about 30 years. They don't dive sundays ( i think) because i understand sundays are holidays and they w ould be required to pay everyone time and 1/2. I was very unimpressed with the unexso store as they had very little of the stuff i was looking to buy and i stayed at the hotel next to them. But i didn't dive with them and heard good things about them from other divers before i went to the bahamas. We dove each day for 5 days - great diving and enjoyed learning the lay of the land and history from fred.

Grand Bahama Scuba teaches classes every Sunday at Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort and does an afternoon shallow dive if time and weather permits.

Thanks everyone - we ended up booking with Fred the first part of the week & Sun Odyssey for Saturday. We had booked a trip with S. Cove for Tiger Beach Sunday but that has fallen through - another post on that coming up.

Thanks again for all the input.

Back
Top Bottom