Bad wetsuit sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conor

Reaction score
Hi

I bought an oceanic shadow 5mm 3 piece from a mail order firm a couple of weeks ago and, when I got it, it seemed to fit perfectly. I took the long suit to the Red Sea last week and after the first dive it seemed to be quite loose in the chest and in the upper arms (meaning I left the water with a 'belly' of sea water).

When I gave my measurements I was between Medium and Medium large but was advised to go with the larger size. The funny thing is when I try on the shorty (which hasn’t been used) it fits fine.

I don’t know if this is normal, if the suit is faulty or just the wrong size, could anyone advise me what to do with it ?

Thanks

Conor

how's the fit around the armpits ? it was slightly roomy on mine and i had the same issue you had - not fun when climbing up the boat ladder. turns out the slight excess neoprene became bellows.

It seemed fine before I got in the water, but after the dive it seemed to have a little excess, so it sounds like the same thing. It feels weird carrying a couple of litres of water out of the sea with you.

What did you do with your suit ? I don't know if I can get it exchanged now I have used it in the sea or if it is possible to get it altered to be a better fit.

Any ideas ?

that is, until the wife says - you've been good. why don't you go to thailand and get a custom made wetsuit :)

ask a nearby lds if there's anyplace that can do alterations. prices vary depending on extent of work. i'd but anywhere from 30-50USD (but i'm guessing from a price chart i saw).

sorry for the late reply. i'm trying to wean myself offa daily scubaboard surfing :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom