Bad Air Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not an Oxycheq CO analyzer? We have been using an Oxycheq analyzer for at least 18 months and it is solid...

The Oxycheq Expedition is a good analyzer and it has two potentially beneficial things that the Analox EII doesn't have:
-an alarm at 10 ppm
-a flow restrictor which can lengthen the life of the sensor

It's also great that the Expedition can be connected inline to a compressor, but it can't control a relay to automatically shut off a compressor, so that's a bit short-sighted. Perhaps in future models...

Oxycheq O2 analyzers are very common and many people will go with a brand they know and trust. It's specs are certainly good.

How is the Expedition for ease of use?

My only reason for resurrecting this thread was the fact that it shows up as one of the top results when doing a search for NADCO on SB. I'm sure many other people search for info about a certain LDS as well. The "suggestion" that a certain shop "might" be responsible bad air, inspections, etc, could lead to an undeserved image of lower reputation. NADCO is a first rate dive shop and they have earned my loyalty along with the loyalty of many other divers and instructors in this area. I simply wanted to stand up for my favorite LDS.

Joe - Thank you for clarifying.

Don - Search history, cookies, and CO are not the issues I'm trying to address here. FYI. I clear my cookies and history at LEAST once a day. As for CO, that seems to be your "crusade" and I can't fault you for it. But I will let you march on without me. Your question as to if "they care" or "do I know" seems to be a simple attempt at continuing and/or prolonging an argument. Again, sorry I'll pass.

JTH - Thanks. I'll see you soon and we'll make some bubbles with NADCO air.

Compressors use oil to keep cool, sounds like the compressor that filled your tank had a faulty ring and the oil bypassed to the cylinder thru the separator cleaner and got into your tank. This can cause all sorts or breathing problems including p-monia in the lungs its a good thing you didn't use it in a deep dive. Tell the shop what happened so they can address the problem with the compressor and get another vip and cleaning. The shop will probably do it for free once they check their compressor out for leaks. Ask other divers if they had same problem from this shop...

I'm with cpwomer on this one. Years ago I had the exact same symptoms as the OP, took it back to the fill station and found out he had a ring fail on the compressor. Although there was nothing visible, after cleaning the tank everything was back to normal. It dosen't take hardly any oil to give a taste, especially under pressure.

If it were CO, there would be no bad taste to warn you. I took a CO hit unrelated to diving and was fortunate that I decided to get out and take my nap on the lawn in the sun.

Bob
------------------------
I may be old but I'm not dead yet

As a loyal customer of this shop as well a friend, as all that walk through the doors at NADCO are, I feel it was inappropriate for the OP to not clearly state from the start that they were unsure of who filled these tanks. The only real fact is that the equipment had a sticker from this shop on it showing an inspection. It was never mentioned the tanks were picked up at this LDS.
Unlike a resort or travel shop, these guys fill tanks for regular returning customers over and over again. I am confident that they have filled no less than 200 tanks for me and my family over the last 18 months. My point is that if there was a problem, they would have been aware of it almost immediately.
Only halfway through the thread is the point made that the OP is unsure who filled the tanks. This comes up far to late in this discussion. I understand that this thread is a year old but as long as it is in print on the forum, the wrong assumptions could be made and the reputation of a fine shop could suffer if someone didn't read the entire post carefully. IMHO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom