Backup SD cards to usb sticks or external HDD without computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WD Passport doesn't need to be connected to anything to do the backup, it's auto.

I use a WD MyPassport Wireless, it backup the card when you insert it into the slot (you need to configure it the first time to operate this way...), and eventually it can be controlled by a smartphone or a PC (but it's optional and needed only if you want to manage the files etc.).

However, whenever I am a avid photographer and I shot many videos, I rarely managed to fill my 256GB card if not for a longer than 2 weeks holiday.

WD Passport doesn't need to be connected to anything to do the backup, it's auto.

I use a WD MyPassport Wireless, it backup the card when you insert it into the slot (you need to configure it the first time to operate this way...), and eventually it can be controlled by a smartphone or a PC (but it's optional and needed only if you want to manage the files etc.).

Interesting, and that makes it much more attractive.

However, whenever I am a avid photographer and I shot many videos, I rarely managed to fill my 256GB card if not for a longer than 2 weeks holiday.

I might shoot that much on a trip (RAW+JPG makes for a lot of bytes)...but I'd never keep it all on one card. Even when using multiple cards (increasing the chance of a card failure or loss, but decreasing the consequence of same), I want to backup the cards to something else. The OP was asking about backup devices as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom