Backup lights strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MonkSeal:
Does anybody use anything besides bike tyre for securing backup light ? I have few spares on harnes but I hate to think about re-threading BP to put new ones when these are wasted. I did this twice in the past because of low quality rubber. What about nice bungie cord loop?
You don't need to re-thread a BP to get inner tube loops on.

JeffG,
Can you suggest a way to do what MonkSeal asked without re-threading? Would be useful to know.

JeffG:
You don't need to re-thread a BP to get inner tube loops on.
I'm curious how to do that. BTW nice avatar extension :14:

I like the innertubes. Go to a real bike store and buy a good mountain bike innertube and then ruin it by cutting it up :)

It'll give you a lifetime supply of BU light keepers for at least 10 backplates!

Roak

MonkSeal:
I'm curious how to do that. BTW nice avatar extension :14:
Put innertube on harness, Pull Harness/tri-glide on back (just like you were adjusting it) the innertube goes through the first slot. Pull the innertube over the tri-glide, and push the webbing back into place so that the innertube goes through the second slot. Done.

The only way it won't work is if your slots and your webbing are so close to the same size that the rubber inner tube can't fit through. But I have never had a problem with my Halcyon SS plate or my homemade alum plate.

JeffG:
Put innertube on harness, Pull Harness/tri-glide on back (just like you were adjusting it) the innertube goes through the first slot. Pull the innertube over the tri-glide, and push the webbing back into place so that the innertube goes through the second slot. Done.

The only way it won't work is if your slots and your webbing are so close to the same size that the rubber inner tube can't fit through. But I have never had a problem with my Halcyon SS plate or my homemade alum plate.
Tried that way and cut the tubing. I'll try it more careful.

MonkSeal:
Tried that way and cut the tubing. I'll try it more careful.
Cut the tubing? Sounds like you need to do some deburring on your plate.

I've had the same problem with pieces of innertube wearing at the sides of the webbing. I sewed a piece of bungee to the webbing to hold the light. Big needle, braided nylon fishing line and a pair of pliers to do the pushing and pulling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom