Backup for Pro Plus 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My wife and I have Pro Plus 2 computers w/compass and QD. I'd like to get a backup in case one fails on a trip. A watch model leaves me gaugeless, so I'm wondering which of the other AI models have the QD feature? Suggestions?

Thanks - DR

Why not just get another proplus2? With a spare you would have a backup which you can exchange for either yours or your wife's.
The aeris AI computers may have the same QD connector - I'm not sure about that.
You can also get a QD on the Suunto Cobra or Cobra2. It would be a different connector than the Oceanic so you would need to change out the hose and all.
How about a hoseless like the Atom 2 or VT3 which would give you a redundant backup that you can wear at the same time as your proplus2? Both of these units are air integrated.

I've never needed a backup to my PP2, it's been the most reliable of my computers. How about a SPG? Get a QD fitting from Oceanic and attach it to regular SPG.

Have you thought of getting something that is wireless, a backup is only good if you take it on the same dives that you use your primary on. With the wireless it is air integrated, oceanic has both the vt3 and the atom 2. I tested both before and liked them equally.

Originally, I was thinking of something like a Veo with a quick disconnect but they cost almost as much as the Pro Plus II anyway. Then I thought, what if I got the VT3 with xmit for both my wife and I? Either of us could wear the watch and even switch mid-dive... but the thought of spending more for the backup pooter is a little daunting... still pondering.

Back
Top Bottom