Backscatter macro wide 4300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just ordered this video light for macro shooting only
Any tips/experience with using video light for macro shots?
thnx
epl10 and aoi housing ysd2 strobe, system it will be working with

In general, using a video light even a very bright one is an exercise in high ISO shooting. If you think about light output, the YSD2 is about 5 orders of magnitude (100,000) times as bright but for 1000 times less time on. It can be done, and it will work but color balancing in post will be tedious.
Bill

In general, using a video light even a very bright one is an exercise in high ISO shooting. If you think about light output, the YSD2 is about 5 orders of magnitude (100,000) times as bright but for 1000 times less time on. It can be done, and it will work but color balancing in post will be tedious.
Bill
Thank you

Very doable.
I've taken hundreds of pictures using the backscatter macro wide constant light.

You wouldn't be able to use it for anything more than a meter away - the only limitation.

Just for reference, I say my tg6 to 1/200 shutter speed.
I set my iso to be able to move between 100 & 400.
And the highest aperture.

At macro-distances, not only have my photographs been captured at 1/200 and ISO 100, but even on the lowest brightness setting, the light was too bright. I ended up picking up a diffuser, that resolved excessive brightness.

I'm unsure how the backscatter macro wide would work on a non-compact camera though.

Well, I'm a little familiar with the macro wide of a dslr.
I found with a 150mm macro lens, the light wasn't n bright enough for iso 100 and 1/200 ss.

I have since picked up a backscatter mini flash (mf1). Hasn't used it yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom