Backscatter Gopro red fliter cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadiver sparks

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Now as most of us know the lens cover that came with our Gopro dive housing will not work with the Backscatter flip up red filter.... And we all know its a bummer. So I decided to make one. Its really easy. All I did was take some neoprene that I wasnt using and made a "Gopro Cozy" if you wanted to call it that. Just a tube of neoprene that fits around the case and filter. Works good for me, keep it on wen I'm not holding the camera in the water or when in a camera bucket, and off when in the filming. Just make sure to clip it off or put it in a bcd pocket because it will float away... had it happen once so far... thankfully I say it on the surface and went up to get it. Here are some photos. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• IMG_1704.jpg
    IMG_1704.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_1705.jpg
    IMG_1705.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 229
Brilliant! Thanks for sharing...this will really come in handy :D

Great idea. I also have found that the thin premade neoprene cozys can be stretched over the housing as well, after a few stretches they seem to fit perfectly if you dont feel like making one. I got mine for free from Divers Direct.

Back
Top Bottom