Backscatter flex arm vs ULCS for G11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Colin Gray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going to finally bite the bullet and buy a strobe. Both Reef and Backscatter recommend the YS-01 for my G11 with the Canon housing. Not sure that the extra $100+ for the ULCS arm vs the Backscatter flex arm is money well spent for only diving 2-3 weeks per year (+ the pension doesn't go as far). Also looking at Backscatters' fiber optic cable mount that attaches to the Canon housing. Anyone have any experience they could share with either the arms or mount??

Thanks

Colin

I have used both.

The ULCS type arm has a better overall range of motion.

The flex is easier and faster to move. It's fine, especially if you want to save money.

The generic ULCS type one I bought is HERE. It's the "Aircraft aluminum ARM & tray set for Underwater strobe" for $115.00.

You can make your own fiber optic cable housing attachment device. THIS is mine for my G10. Very cheap and lightweight :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom