Backpacking the Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajunky17

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,
Has anyone here backpacked around the Maldives and managed to get to the South where the good dives sites are at, at a reasonable cost ?
Any info much appreciated

I would expect that, even if some backpackers comes back here, their experience will be at least 2 years old.
But saying that: what do exactly man with "backpacking"? making your way by local transport/ferry means from local island to local island, staying in Guesthouse and avoiding resorts?
You may have a look at these sites for more information: Maldives Transfer, Wild Maldives, and perhaps iCom Tours. They may be helpful to build a kind of schedule or itinary.

Great, thanks for that, that is exactly what I am looking for as I cannot get to Indonesia at the moment unvaccinated.

Maldives and cheap are generally not words that mix well. Just about everything about those islands has to be brought in so nothing is really cheap at all. You can find budget deals, but I would expect even those can cost a fair amount. But am sure like most places in the world a bargain is possible. Air BnB from the main islands and that

Back
Top Bottom