Back zip vs front zip vs cheat zip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have always used surf wetsuit because of better fit in tropical water and also because I have a shell drysuit that I use even in warm water
I am now in the market for a warm 5mm that I can later it in order to go and dive in waters around 15 C or 59F
I have always used back zip suits and many years ago a front zip over shorty
I have seen that some brands like scubapro have now chest zip suits as it happens in surfing
I wonder how this compares to the traditional front and back zip
I imagine the neck seal to be completely water proof but what about the donning it it having the zip close to the BCD straps?
I intend to use this suit with a 5mm short john under or an over shorty with hood
Any experience and feedback appreciated

Last edited:
I have one of the chest-zip suits. The neck seal is not completely waterproof. The zipper is quite short and really doesn't interfere with the straps at all. I like the suit a lot -- the pull over head design really reduces the water flow through the suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom