Back mounted, remote strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I'm considering mounting a strobe with a slave sensor to my model to illuminate the area behind her (while shooting wrecks.) This isn't uncommon in cave photography. I'm just curious how anyone doing this is mounting the strobe to the model. There's always Gorilla Tape, but I wondered about a cam strap of some sort, like might be used to mount a pony bottle... Thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

@Stoo - exactly what you are thinking. Take a piece of webbing and mount it to the webbing. Tails of the webbing are secured in the cam bands. You can punch holes or install grommets to attach the "shoe"/mount....

Seems like the simplest method doesn't it? I was thinking it could be "aimed" somewhat using a wedge of something under the strobe as well...

Thanks Bob.

My friend is an avid photographer, he clips remote strobes to us with boltsnaps. As soon as we see the wide angle dome come out of the cooler bag, ocean, lake,cave…. Butt drings, manifolds, shoulder straps.

My friend is an avid photographer, he clips remote strobes to us with boltsnaps. As soon as we see the wide angle dome come out of the cooler bag, ocean, lake,cave…. Butt drings, manifolds, shoulder straps.

Haha... My Missus is my main buddy and model and she pretty much cringes whenever I tell her about "my plan" to get the perfect shot. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom