Back into diving after a decade or more away.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Getting back into diving after two decades. My son is getting his Open Water certification next month and looking for some used gear.

Have everything we need except regulators, my old Dacor seems to have fallen by the wayside.

If anyone has any good used gear or any leads please reach out.

Looking for SP if possible for the ease of servicing.

I'm in the same boat, and have done a ton of research on what/when to buy used against new. I'm thinking everything apart from the wetsuit and boots would be used. I recently bought an old Aladin tec 2G computer in excellent condition, and with only 42 registered dives for around 40 US. The women had ceased diving for quite some time and just wanted to clean up. It doesn't lock you out if you happen to exceed your No Decompression Limits. Which I'm not planning on doing...

I'm in the same boat, and have done a ton of research on what/when to buy used against new. I'm thinking everything apart from the wetsuit and boots would be used. I recently bought an old Aladin tec 2G computer in excellent condition, and with only 42 registered dives for around 40 US. The women had ceased diving for quite some time and just wanted to clean up. It doesn't lock you out if you happen to exceed your No Decompression Limits. Which I'm not planning on doing...
I was lucky to have found a great starter kit of good used BCD’s two for me and one for my son, 2 tanks (in hydro and Vis now) fins, weight belts, one Scuba Pro Mk20 1st stage with G250 2nd stage regs.

Found a brand new 3mm wetsuit today locally, still with the tags on for $25 along with brand new boots my size.

Trying to get two people together is very expensive along with getting my 13y/o son certified. Normally I’d buy new, and one piece at a time, just not in the budget right now. So buying second hand and traveling to gather the items is the only way I can afford to do it for this summer.

But the thrill of the hunt and learning all the newest tech has been very fun itself.

I can’t wait to make some memories with my son this summer. The day after he gets certified and I take my refresher course we are headed on a get away to four of our local Texas rivers/lakes to dive for two weeks. My absence from diving was due to not having a dive buddy, which I seem to have finally solved.

Now to find a good SP reg for myself and we will be all set, can’t wait to see what adventures await, happy diving buddy, hope you can find something for yourself. And enjoy the journey!

And enjoy the journey!
Definitely! I think a lot of new divers rush into buying Scuba gear and realize they bought equipment that isn't compatible when moving to tech diving sometime in the future. Which can be a costly mistake when you have to resell everything your LDS sold you. I'm not saying they all do this, but some just don't have the products you need.

Getting back into diving after two decades. My son is getting his Open Water certification next month and looking for some used gear.

Have everything we need except regulators, my old Dacor seems to have fallen by the wayside.

If anyone has any good used gear or any leads please reach out.

Looking for SP if possible for the ease of servicing.
whalcome back!

Go used Go used Go used Yay Yay Yay Go used Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Go ScubaPro!!!!

Time to get real

Back
Top Bottom