Back from Turks and Caicos - dove with Caicos Adventures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all, I just got back from a week of R&R at Turks and Caicos. I dove with Caicos Adventures and the diving was amazing. I did 7 dives - Tons of Sponge Reef (2), The Scoop, West Tower, Melissa's Cove, Orange Wall, and Razor's Edge.

Fifi, runs a great operation. He lets you run tanks down as far as you want (I put my down to 300psi on more than one occasion), takes you to the west side of the island, provides great deli sandwiches between dives, plays some great music on his Catamaran, and lets you dive how it's supposed to be.

The dives were amazing, the reefs were extremely healthy - I actually cant remember diving reefs that plentiful since Cozumel. Big animal encounters were incredible. Turtles, Reef Shark, Nurse Shark, and Eagle Rays. On my dive at The Scoop, I counted 21 Eagle Rays before I quit counting.

I highly recommend Caicos Adventures. Very laidback and allows you to dive how you like, set your own limits, takes you to the good spots, and allows you to remain on vacation.

Glad you had a good time. Fifi always delivers! By the by where did you stay/eat?

We stayed at Beaches. Food was good, but WAY too many children (and amateur parents). I wouldnt go back to a Beaches if that many kids were gonna be there. I like kids....but there's a line as to how many. When you're eating dinner to the constant cadence of 4 kids crying in unison...it gets old.

KidK9:
We stayed at Beaches. Food was good, but WAY too many children (and amateur parents). I wouldnt go back to a Beaches if that many kids were gonna be there. I like kids....but there's a line as to how many. When you're eating dinner to the constant cadence of 4 kids crying in unison...it gets old.
Going to Beaches with my Family and Relatives this coming summer and I am interested in the Diving Setup with the Resort. Does Caicos Adventures take the divers from the Beaches Resort out or how does that work?

First time on a dive trip with the little ones....already working on my ability to cope with all the little ones...."think happy thoughts....think happy thoughts" :wink:

Also...PLEASE share any insight on the resort itself. Been to Turks several times, but never scouted out the resort. Thanks a million.

Tony

I'll be staying at the Royal West Indies in May for my honeymoon. Was grace bay as pretty as everyone says as far as water clarity goes?? We are looking forward to the diving, we've been in contact with Fifi and his group. Do you have any pics?? What spots would your recommend?? Did you see a lot of reef sharks? Sorry for all the questions I'm just excited about going.

T&C is definately on my 'must do' list. Is there beach diving or is it all boat diving?

Thanks!

Our average visibility was 85-100 feet. We saw about 4 Black Tip Caribbean Reef Sharks over 7 dives...not really that many..and too far away to get some good shots. HOWEVER, the main attraction was the Eagle Rays. We saw at least 5 on every dive and even saw 21! on one of the dives. They were amazing. The reef was exploding and extremely healthy. I will post about 5 pictures in the next day or so when I get back to Columbus. I'm currently spending some holiday time in New Jersey with my fiancee's family.

The resort...very clean, very friendly. The food was very good. I especially enjoyed "La Petit Chateau", I recommend the porkchops as well as the beef tenderloin. Schooners was excellent as well and I really enjoyed the Surf & Turf which was strip steak and shrimp. The Japanese steakhouse is adults only (as is La Petit Chateau), and I just thought it was "decent". Giuseppe's is a buffet and had too many kids. Constantly crying, cutting in line, things like that. For lunch, the place to be is Arizona's. Great chicken, fish, and fries. Again with the kid problem tho. Reflections is the place to be for breakfast and is very busy, so get their early.

Any specific qeustions about the resort? I can happily provide any answers you may need!

-DJ

Thanks for the info.

Does Caicos Adventures run the dive program for Beaches or how does it work? Never been to an all-inclusive with family in tow for a dive trip. Going this summer and want to get a daily two tank in the morning.
Thanks for sharing.

Bieszczat:
Thanks for the info.

Does Caicos Adventures run the dive program for Beaches or how does it work? Never been to an all-inclusive with family in tow for a dive trip. Going this summer and want to get a daily two tank in the morning.
Thanks for sharing.

As far as I know, Beaches has their own dive boat/operation. I believe diving is included, but don't expect long bottom times or the best sites.

You should be aware that Caircos Adventures specializes in the remote dive sites around West Caicos and French Cay. It's around a 45 minute trip out there. It's totally worth it, but don't expect to be back at the hotel before 2:00.

Bieszczat:
Thanks for the info.

Thanks for sharing.

Beaches has their own program. Caicos Adventures is one of a few dive outfits on Provo. We had people join us from Beaches when I dove with Provo Turtle Divers, another good outfit. They said the diving with Beaches was very restrictive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom