Back from Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Babukins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Guys -

Well I'm finally back from Phuket - and the diving was awesome. I did my AOW out there, and had a blast. This was the first time I've been in salt water and what a difference! Marine life was gorgeous and much more impressive than I ever expected! I wish I could have stayed longer, and the dive shop I went through was just great - especially my instructor, Andy!!!

I'll try posting photos, but I don't really know how to download photos that have been put in a DVD slideshow...so you may have to wait a bit.

Keep me updated on the news on Batangas!

Paula

Babukins:
Hi Guys -

Well I'm finally back from Phuket - and the diving was awesome. I did my AOW out there, and had a blast. This was the first time I've been in salt water and what a difference! Marine life was gorgeous and much more impressive than I ever expected! I wish I could have stayed longer, and the dive shop I went through was just great - especially my instructor, Andy!!!

I'll try posting photos, but I don't really know how to download photos that have been put in a DVD slideshow...so you may have to wait a bit.

Paula
hehe Paula...now hie on to Anilao and PG...

Hey Caloy -

I'll be in the Philippines early January!!! I actually need to start planning on where to go diving and figuring out how to get there from QC. Any advice would be great!

My tita was telling me to go through Aqua Reef Club when we get there. How bad is the oil spill - do you think it would be cleaned up by then?

Paula

oh yay! I'll be bothering you guys with tons of questions in the next couple of months then :)

not actually an oil spill, more like an oil sheen...meaning a boat unloaded some used oil far from Anilao and the tide just carried it to some Anlao dive sites.

Aquaventure reef club or Aquav is my fave resort. I get señorito treatment whenever I'm staying there:). PM me when you get here in the PI in January and I'll hook you up with a dive operator, hehe my fave dive ops.

Babukins:
Hi Guys -

Paula
Sound impressive, Where you dives in Phuket?....I waiting for you slideshow:popcorn:

Babukins:
This was the first time I've been in salt water and what a difference!

Let me guess... slightly warmer than Dutch Springs and a bit more to see?

Always glad to know someone else from PPD who lives in this cold, cold part of the world. Also glad to hear that you liked diving in Phuket. I went there three years ago and am heading back again in just over a month. Very tempted to go to the Philippines instead, but was there on my last two trips and need a little variety. If you want any tips on diving in the region though, just give me a ring. I'll PM you my contact info.

Jason Ooi:
Sound impressive, Where you dives in Phuket?....I waiting for you slideshow:popcorn:

Hi Jason -

We dove at Racha Yai and Racha Noi the first day then went to King Cruiser (which I thought was pretty impressive - it's a wreck from 1997 of a ferry boat from Phi Phi Island to Phuket), Shark Point, and Nai Ton Island. Unfortunately due to the weather we never made it to Koh Dac Mai - but I guess I'll just have to make a point to go back!

did koh doc mai, shark point and anemone reef on a day trip. anemone reef was ok but anilao is better any day. shark point was great because of a leopard shark but hated the fact that about 50 divers were in the water at the same time. viz sucked at koh doc mai and we didnt see any of th several types of shrimps that were supposed to be there.
except for the added thrill of diving in a new place big boats and reasonable rates, diving in PG and anilao beats diving in phuket or pattaya any day. so you should dive here when you come home for the holidays.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom