Back from Palau!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where did you stay? I am thinking of going and wondering if a liveaboard is worth it in Pallau. Did you do a package deal?

That was exactly my reaction during and after Palau!

I havn't dived enough of the world to know if this is the best reef diving out there but it must come pretty close.

That had to be the best trip report I've seen on SB! :rofl3:

robint, but I know exactly what you mean :D

Palau was the best trip of my life -- May 2007. Glad you had great time.

Vanessar

okay, I am actually home now (first post was from the Honolulu airport so no time for details, just checking e-mail and had to send you guys something!).

I will do a full trip report soon with videos and photos....here is a bit of why I say OMG.
We were on the Eco Explorer for 7 days, 27 dives, 1 snorkel at jellyfish lake. Awesome experience all-around.

We had sharks on almost every dive (no sharks on some of the night dives and the mandarinfish dive for example). Some dives we had just a few sharks, some had a few dozen, and two dives we had literally 50+ schooling sharks (pics and video to prove it). :11:Mating started early this year! Woo Hoooo. We did Blue Corner 3 times and German Channel 2 times (that's whats so great about a liveaboard, if a site is great you can repeat it over and over). We had 7 mantas feeding the first time at GC, the next day we went again and had another 7 doing the same. It was incredible! Even without all the sharks and mantas, the diving was fabulous.

The Eco Explorer is fantastic and we highly recommend it. No it isn't pretty like the Aggressor, but I wasn't there to be impressed by a boat, I was there to dive. The crew is fantastic, based in Philippines, and truly devoted to making your whole trip a great experience. The dive staff was 1 American, 2 Brits, and 1 Filipino and all top notched. Some dives only 2 were in the water with us, on the reef-hook dives or GC, all 4 were there. Safety was always first and when someone ran low on air or had a problem, someone was always there to take them up. No one was limited on bottomtime ever. The boat itself is very roomy and functional. Everyone loved it. Our room was about the size of the Nekton rooms for those who have done that boat. Each room had a full-sized bathroom also. There is a big camera room with 110v and 220v plugs and power strips. Your BC, fins, masks, etc stayed on chase boat for week, you only took you camera off. More details later......... basically, it was as easy as it gets.

First day we only had 4 dives, each day after 5 dives except on Friday where we did snorkel at Jellyfish lake and 3 dives up by Koror. The rest of the time were we anchored out in German Channel or Peleliu. :D Liveaboards, the only way to do Palau!!!!

Pictures, yes, we have them. Right now we are both jet-lagged and still unpacking. Give me a day to get the topside loaded, I promise you won't be disappointed.:D

robint:D

I'm going to Palau and Chuuk in January and can't wait to see your pictures!!!! Please tell all!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom