Back from Lembeh...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool Pics. Looks like a great trip!

Thanks all!!!!!

Stonefish, NAD is great, you'll have a very good time. Say hi to Sandra, Josep, Lea.... from Vanessa + group. They are ver very kind and friendly and they have a very cozy resort, comfortable, relaxing and with amazing views to the bay.

Since we stayed only three days and we wanted to do a night dive (Police Pier, the best night dive I've ever done) and Mandarines (which has to be at 5 pm) we could only do a 30 minute dive at the house reef... Visibility wasn't very good, but we could see many shrimps, clown fishes...

Eskasi, i use AWB because I read somwhere (Alcina's pink link, I think) you don't need manual WB when using external strobe.

f3nikon, it's only an A710 IS with an Epoque 150 and not a lot of practice, yet... But my buddy :love: took very nice pics with his 5 Mpixels Sony (P100??????), no strobe and a DYI macro lens (a cheap magnifying glass, tied to the camera housing) Have a look: Lembeh / Manado. Indonesia - a photoset on Flickr

Thanks again to all of you for the comments!:wink:

f3nikon, it's only an A710 IS with an Epoque 150 and not a lot of practice, yet... But my buddy :love: took very nice pics with his 5 Mpixels Sony (P100??????), no strobe and a DYI macro lens (a cheap magnifying glass, tied to the camera housing) Have a look: Lembeh / Manado. Indonesia - a photoset on Flickr

Thanks again to all of you for the comments!:wink:

Thanks for the photos! NICE!
Really impressed with your genius buddy - DIY macro, w/o strobes & getting nice photos! Would love to see his DIY setup, please...
Bought a macro lens for my Nikon Coolpix 5100 & housing but found focusing so difficult that I mostly went w/o it during the last trip... Haha, maybe I shd blame it on my skills?
Looking forward to our trip 8 - 12 Dec at NAD Lembeh, then to 2Fish Bunaken, until 15 Dec..
Cheers!

Wow very clear images! Which DSLR in a metal housing and $800 strobe are you using to take all that?!!!

No housing or strobe for the first two, I'm guessing.:wink:

Nice shots, really nice!

Beautiful shots, both of you! Gotta start making plan for Lembeh soon! Thanks for sharing! :wink:

Ed.

Back
Top Bottom