Back button

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pudsky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
When using Scubaboard.com and I click the "back" button, I have to click it three times for it to work, every time. It is the same if I use the Internet explorer button at the top left of my screen, Or if I use Ctrl+back arrow. There is not another website that I can think of that I have to click the "back" button more than once to go back one page. It is extremly annoying.

Please advise if I am doing something wrong or if there is a setting or something I can change.

Thanks, Pudsky

What Browser (and version) are you using? What Operating System?

Windows Internet Explorer 9 for browser, and Windows Vista for operating system.

Well... First.

The keystroke combination to go "back" is "ALT+Left Arrow"

Second. While I'll try to help you... This is NOT a ScubaBoard problem. This is definitely an Internet Explorer issue.

A Quick Google of your problem produces tons of results. This one sounds reasonable from looking at several possible solutions to your problem... I'd give this a shot.

Like this one -> The back button in Internet Explorer 9 isn't working when browsing - Microsoft Answers
Method 1:
I would suggset you try to use Backspace key or Alt and Left arrow key and check if it works.

Method 2:
How to optimize Internet Explorer
How to optimize Internet Explorer

Method 3:
Try to reset Internet Explorer and check whether you are able to download.
To reset Internet Explorer, refer the link below.
Reset Internet Explorer settings

Note: "Please note that resetting Internet Explorer (IE) settings will reset all user-defined settings including those set by installed extensions, toolbars and other add-ons to IE Defaults. This includes all Security, Privacy and Zone settings. Also this will clear browsing history, delete all temporary Internet Files, cookies, form data and especially all stored passwords."

Also, refer:
How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

HowardE, thanks for the suggestions. I reset my IE9 settings and seems like all is well again. One click to "go-back" one page. Don't know what setting would have been changed to effect the "back" function, but I guess sometimes stuff happens.

Pudsky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom