Baani Adventuruer - Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suebee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be leaving on the Baani Adventurer on November 12 :D 2 weeks of being totally immersed (or should I say submerged) It seems that mostly positive things are being said about this op. From what I am reading the life is mostly larger pelagics.

Anyone seen the state of the corals lately?

I've been playing around with a video camera underwater so I may take that as well....

happy bubbles to all

:canada:

I was on the Manthiri in Jan. Some sites had much less coral coverage than others, but a few had amazing coral, apparently escaping the late 90s bleaching for whatever reason. I can only imagine what it was like if it all used to be that way. Still, it was all good. I wouldn't describe the life as mostly pelagic, we did see lots of sharks and rays, including a squadron of mantas flying overhead (while we were at a manta cleaning station watching that) But there were also lots of interesting macro critters, and lots of fish including many big schools. Some huge Napolean wrasses. The neat thing was that sometimes you'd get it all on one dive, those were some great dives when you just didn't know where to look! Lots of eels, and one of the local varieties was actually a touch aggressive so watch out for that.

Great news! I love the macro stuff. My next dream trip is probably Indonesia. or maybe Papua New Guinea...

As far as trips go overall how would you rate the diving here? It definitely seems to be off the beaten path - very few posts on the SB It's halfway around the world for me

It's my favorite so far and I want to go back, though there's lots of places I haven't been yet. Pretty much halfway around the world for anyone in N America.

Thank you!! - Now I am even more excited about the trip:biggrin3::daydreaming:

I will post a report for others when I return

Happy bubbles

~Sue

For those that have been on one of the Baani liveboards, did they have any island excursions?

Not excursions exactly but we did get time to visit one of the local inhabited islands (to browse the souvenir shops), and we also had a couple of hours on a small unihabited island. There is of course the BBQ night which most tour operators appear to have where they set up sand sculptured tables and chairs and cook on the beach...very relaxing in surreal surroundings as the sun is going down.....

Sue Bee, did you ever get around to a post dive trip report...?

regards....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom