Baani Adventurer & Princess Haleema - Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the boat boys on both dhonis are excellent at gear handling but remember with the currents some time (a lot) you need to do negative entries and if you are swimming back to the dhoni to get your camera gear then you may as well get back on the dhoni as the dive site will have been missed :)

So what did you do in these cases? Roll in with the camera or leave it on the boat?

Lee

jump in with it held high, no air in bc, quick scissor kick when i hit the water so that the camera doesn't hit the water and then gently sink

been doing it that way for a long time and haven't flooded a housing yet :)

jump in with it held high, no air in bc, quick scissor kick when i hit the water so that the camera doesn't hit the water and then gently sink

been doing it that way for a long time and haven't flooded a housing yet :)

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that technique a try. Wouldn't work so well for a backward roll off a RHIB though!

tucked in at your belly then .......................

don;t do ribs anymore - miss my comfort levels too much :)

Leeaf,

I note that you're planning on going to The Maldives 18th May, around when I'm going (but on a different boat) - just wondering whether you've been there previously at that time of year - I'm aware it's rainy season but is it torrential downpour for 30 mins followed by hours of sunshine or does it just bucket it down? A friend who may be joining us won't commit until she gets a feeling for the likelihood of lots of sun.
Thanks, John

don;t do ribs anymore - miss my comfort levels too much :)

I agree completely but sometimes there is no choice! For example if you ever dive Sth Africa they only ever use RHIB's. Here in NZ there are also somedive operators who only use them as well.

Lee

Leeaf,

I note that you're planning on going to The Maldives 18th May, around when I'm going (but on a different boat) - just wondering whether you've been there previously at that time of year - I'm aware it's rainy season but is it torrential downpour for 30 mins followed by hours of sunshine or does it just bucket it down? A friend who may be joining us won't commit until she gets a feeling for the likelihood of lots of sun.
Thanks, John

Hi John

I've been told that it will be quite hot with 'some' rain. May is apparently only the start of the wet season so we can be lucky. Let's face it, who can predict the weather these days anyway! Jan/Feb is meant to be perfect weather but I read a post from someone who was there at that time this year and got nothing but rain.

There's never any guarantees but I'm optimistic.

What boat are you on?

Lee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom