B29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidPT40

Contributor
Reaction score
B-29 looting

Some divers have been looting a B-29 that is resting at 170 feet in a lake. Thats pretty sick. The aircraft was in pristine condition due to the low dissolved oxygen levels at the bottom of the lake.

I got a chance to see the only flying B-29, Fifi, several years ago. Excellent plane. I've also been inside a B-29 that supposedly shot down 5 Soviet Migs during the Korean War.

Well I'm from Nova Scotia, and here there isnt a wreck that hasn't been looted, its absolutly terrible. There isnt any laws or regulations saying what you can or can't take. I don't know what its like down your way, but up here theres lots of wrecks, and with that lots of looting.

It is terrible, but this wreck (the B-29) is in a restricted area, made so because it's there. Those of us that are honoring the restriction are losing out on seeing a great wreck. When the restriction is finally lifted, there won't be anything left!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom