B.C. Canada Trip, July21-29,2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vcdivedude

Registered
Reaction score
I have a club dive trip planned for B.C. Canada. It will be about 1.5 hrs from Vacouver,B.C. Canada. We will be leaving LAX on Alaska Airlines about 1:00pm and arriving in Vancouver about 4:00pm. We will then be getting pre arranged car rentals (your own) and then driving to the resort-Porpoise Bay Charters in Sechelt B.C. We will need to stop and eat along the way and take the Ferry between Horseshoe Bay and Langdale. We will be at the resort until the morning of July 28, They will feed us breakfast before leaving. The stay at the resort (the club has the resort all to ourselves) includes all meals (homemade food), rooms (3 cabins with 3 rooms and a floating A-frame with 3 rooms),3 boat dives per day, tanks (steel), weights, air, and shore diving. The diving here can be fantastic. The dive spots are walls, wrecks, reefs, drift dives ,deep dives and anything in between. I (Ken) have dove B.C. 4 one week trips and the vis.was 20-100, but averaged 50+. The water temp at depth will be about 50 degrees. I think the diving in B.C. is awesome. Rodales usually rates it within the top 3 places to go.The resort also has a main room with a TV, WiFi, hot tub, canoes and rental kayaks. There is also shopping in the small town (6,000 people), hiking and other outdoor activities. On Sat. everyone will be leaving and probably doing there own thing while making it to the hotel in Vancouver for sat. night. The hotel we will be staying at is a 4 diamond hotel connected to the airport with soundproofed rooms. The hotel is the Fairmont Vancouver Hotel. we will really be ending the trip in style staying at this hotel. On Sun. morning our flight out is about 10:30 with us arriving at LAX at about 1:30.The Channel Islands Divers, www.channelislandsdivers.org club memeber price for this trip $1550.00 per diver and $1080.00 for non-divers, prices are per person and double occupancy. We can have about 22 people. I currently have 10 divers and 3 non divers. Non-club members, add $50.00 to the cost of the trip(you can join the club and save money on this trip).Deposit of $350.00 per person due A.S.A.P.. The trip doe's not include a rental car, ferry cost's and meals that are not covered. YOU WILL also need a passport. Contact VCDIVEDUDE for more information at dive@channelislandsdivers.org . Here are other helpful websites: Porpoise Bay Charters,www.porpoisebaycharters.com , Fairmont Hotel, www.fairmont.com/vancouverairport , B.C. Ferries www.bcferries.com.
** This should be a fantastic trip, hope you can join us**

Back
Top Bottom