Ayia Napa, Cyprus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kaerius

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Update: I'm hired, and flying down on june 30.

Anyone got any tips on the local diving? I'll be working from end of june to end of september.

Where's a good diveshop for gear?(My employer has apparently closed down the shop and is now totally boat based, or I'd have bought it there). I'm mainly looking for a reg(apeks or mares), and fins(OMS slipstreams), and probably a rashvest(if it's as warm in the water as I've heard, I won't be needing a wetsuit, I did just fine in thailand without one), BCD will be a later purchase when I've gotten some pay.

Last edited:
Some caves out in Napa and Cape Greko. Other than the Zenobia I enjoy the diving out in that area the most. I know most of the folks in the dive centers out that way. Getting gear here won't be a problem, you have options all over the island. Apeks/Aqualung, Mares and ScubaPro is what most everyone carries. Water temps, the warmest I've seen so far is 23 near the surface. Still seeing 20-21 in the deeper areas. But it only warms up from here on out. Who will you be working for out here?

Shoot me an email... sebastian.maik@gmail.com and we can discuss further.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom