Question Axiom bc size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was going to buy my brother an Aqualung Axiom bc as a gift. He's 5'10 and about 205 lbs. I'm not sure if a med large or a large would be best. We dive in 3mil to 7mil wetsuits. Is anyone roughly that size and could tell me what size Axiom you use?

BCDs and body types are so variable, it is very difficult to say if a particular size will fit a particular person. The best way is to have him try one. The second best way is to buy it from somewhere that will do a free exchange for a different size.

BCDs and body types are so variable, it is very difficult to say if a particular size will fit a particular person. The best way is to have him try one. The second best way is to buy it from somewhere that will do a free exchange for a different size.
Ok. Thank you for your help.

Parzdiver is not wrong and fitting is always important. That said, i have roughly the same measurements as you state and own an Axiom the L fits me just fine.

Best of luck! I love mine.

Hard to say without seeing him. I an 6’ and weigh 200 pounds and use an Axiom when working with students (regular BC is a Dive Rite backplate and wing, I wear a size medium in a 3.5mil wetsuit.

You are always better going slightly bigger than smaller since if it is too small, you can have constriction which will lead to harder breathing.

I suggest purchasing from a place that will allow you to return it if it doesnt fit. On a side note, Aqua Lung does have a 30 day return period

If he doesn’t need the pockets, consider a black plate and wing set up. You can add a pocket if you want. Once you dive one, you will never want to use a vest or hybrid again. It makes staying trim easy and you dont need as much weight. For example, I dive in a 3.5 and 5 mil wetsuit in South Florida. I have the 4 pound plate and when using a steel 100 cylinder, I dont need to carry any lead
I was going to buy my brother an Aqualung Axiom bc as a gift. He's 5'10 and about 205 lbs. I'm not sure if a med large or a large would be best. We dive in 3mil to 7mil wetsuits. Is anyone roughly that size and could tell me what size Axiom you use

Thanks. I really appreciate your help. We are pretty new to diving and still trying to get things figured out. The more info we can get the better. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom