Awesome Weekend at Jackson Blue!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shagman makes the best chocolate chip pancakes... I mean cookies!

I don't recall eating one..

Great Photos Josh!!! (I wouldn't know about your cooking) :wink:

Mat's trip report and pics:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/de...on-blue-springs-dive-reports-1-3-1-4-9-a.html

JB021.jpg

There are alot more beautiful pics on that thread :)

Wow Josh you took some really really cool pictures, I was just browsing through the entire stash. I had so much fun- what a fun group people to hang out with for a weekend! Looking forward to the next time we get together!

Is this guy actually flipping someone the bird or is this just a fun pic? And the rest of the photos posted make me want to get into cave diving. Just incredible. Thanks for posting them.

Nice slide shots! Man that slide is the best part of going to JB, I wish they had one at Ginnie.

Well our weekend started out a little frustrating as my primary light failed about 15 minutes into our first dive. Bob was dropping a cookie at the second T and all of a sudden it just got hard to see lol! So I was paranoid that my light was flooded, but it turned out that the wall outlet we plugged it into wasn't working. So we regrouped, put everything on charge, topped off the stages we used and relaxed until our gear was ready to dive again. Our next dive turned out much better, we shot up the mainline and swam a little bit in the T to the right at about 3000'.

The next day we did a double stager up the mainline. Man the flow was a little higher than I was expecting, it didn't really taper off until we got in the way back. Good thing we weren't swimming then I'd be really tired. :wink:

So that brings me to the Diverite reel fiasco that seems to occur on 75% of dives where the reel is used...It was jammed horribly on the way out. And then to top it off I think we left it at JB...so if anyone finds a red diverite birds nest at JB with initials JCA on it, please leave it at Edd's shop or bring it down to the Ginnie area if you ever come down this way.

All in all the best part of the weekend was going down the slide though. :D

Great photos! Thanks for the report. Great to finally meet a few new people this weekend...Denise and Glen.

It was nice to meet you too!

I had so much fun- what a fun group people to hang out with for a weekend! Looking forward to the next time we get together!

I had alot of fun too. :D The weather cooperated and it was a fun bunch to hang out with. I can't wait to get together again either.:)

Nice slide shots! Man that slide is the best part of going to JB,

So that was you :D Looked like you were having alot of fun! I think this is the first trip I didn't have issues with my DiveRite reel but my charger quit working on my DiveRite light. Thankfully it was charged for the first day and I used Stasia's charger Saturday night. The light works fine but the charger won't. I left it with Edd and he is going to send to DiveRite for me and get it replaced. I have to put in a good word for Edd at Cave Adventurers. He really does a great job of taking care of all of us.:)

ESG - it was nice seeing you and Daedulas again, looks like you guys had some fun despite the equipment problems. Bring more cookies next time! :D

So that was you :D Looked like you were having alot of fun! I think this is the first trip I didn't have issues with my DiveRite reel but my charger quit working on my DiveRite light. Thankfully it was charged for the first day and I used Stasia's charger Saturday night. The light works fine but the charger won't. I left it with Edd and he is going to send to DiveRite for me and get it replaced. I have to put in a good word for Edd at Cave Adventurers. He really does a great job of taking care of all of us.:)

Yes, the slide really put me in a good mood. It is the most fun in a drysuit because it is extra slippery. Damn lights and chargers and stuff. Sometimes I just wish I was some type of blind cavefish. Yep, Edd is a pretty cool dude...he even sang happy birthday to me on my birthday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom