Avoiding the crowds - Where to go???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slinger101

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

We are an experienced couple that is looking for something really special. We have done Thailand, Cairns, Sipadan and other famous places, but there was always a bit of disappointment. Very often it felt like the big crowds are slowly destroying these last paradises. At least all the hotels on Sipadan are closed now, but is this enough protection? Time will tell!

Anyway, this year we would like to visit a destination off the beaten track. Something that you can't find advertised in any diving magazine. A real insider tip!

Please use following email address for personal messages: pfeilschnell@gmx.de

We don't need luxury, parties or alcohol. We are looking for pure, unspoiled nature with pristine diving.

Thanks for you help!
Sly & Maree

P.S. We love all forms of diving (wreck, muck, drift, etc.), but we especially enjoy big swarms of palegics!

Papua New Guinea....

I would also suggest Papau New Guinea. Go on the Star Dancer and also stay at Walindi. The resort is somewhat remote, as only 500 people a year visit New Britain. The food is good and plentiful, there are a couple of tours that you can do, B24 and Hot River. It doesn't seem as if any population is doing anything to the the diving as there is not that many people off the remote islands. Our liveaboard trip went to the Fathers and Witus, one day we traded with the locals. Other than that one day, we never saw another boat, plane or anything other than what the reefs provided.
IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

Yap is far away but not away from the crowds..... (i did love yap though)

over chrissy we went to Tranquility Dive in Vanuatu, only 4 other divers and often it was just hubby and i diving (my trip report is in the pacific island section in this forum)

cheers

Back
Top Bottom