Average Drysuit Inflator Hose Length On Doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yoyoguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All,
I've been googling and trying to find a starting point for length for inflator hoses used on drysuit with doubles. I know the drysuit inflator hose will be coming off the left post but I have seen hose lengths recommendations ranging from 24in to 35in. I understand it will differ somewhat person to person depending on chest size...etc. I'm looking for where to start (on the long side) this way it will work no matter what...and if its too long I can then order a size down and use the long one as backup in my save a divr. So what say you? What size should I start with? Thanks.

your drysuit should come with one.... I just use those... The one on my rig right now is 30" and it works fine with doubles and I have a 52" chest. I could probably go to 28" with no issue. For singles I need at least 32" to be comfortable, but I don't dive singles in a drysuit, hell I don't really dive singles period. 26" would be fine for doubles on normal sized people. I wouldn't go any bigger than that personally, but to each their own

I agree with tbone here as well, use whatever your drysuit came with, or whatever you have that is long enough. Because you route the hose under your left arm under the harness, the length isn't very critical. As long as it is not ridiculously long, you won't notice.

I'd suggest just first diving with what you have. Then figure out how much you can comfortably take off. That will result in a better measurement for you and less money spent on hoses.

your drysuit should come with one.... I just use those... The one on my rig right now is 30" and it works fine with doubles and I have a 52" chest. I could probably go to 28" with no issue. For singles I need at least 32" to be comfortable, but I don't dive singles in a drysuit, hell I don't really dive singles period. 26" would be fine for doubles on normal sized people. I wouldn't go any bigger than that personally, but to each their own
I'll have to measure the one I've been using on my singles and go from there it sounds like. I also have a big chest 51in

if it works for your singles rig, it will just be a little long on doubles, but not offensively so, and it tucks right in with your HP hose and follows the contour of the harness so it really doesn't need to be "perfect" length like the secondary and wing inflator.

If its too long and you end up getting a shorter one the big one will make a good smb inflator. Longer is better for that.

15-inches for doubles, but bear in mind that I'm about 5-3 and height-weight proportionate. I don't have a huge amount of real-estate to cover, so the hose that came with my drysuit was a bit too long for me (and I am very fussy about hose-lengths and routing - I like everything just so). I use a 12-inch hose for my sidemount set-up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom