Avanti Quatro V Old SP Supernova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thomson_adam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have been visting a few dive shops and after my last post i had my mind made up on some Avanti Quatros , i keep seeing the older version of the Scubapro Supanovas which look a lovely fin. I was wondering what peoples thoughts are ?

They look like they have a lot of unnecessary gimmicks built into their construction. Stick with the tried & true Quattro's.

Just bought new Novas after my old pair cracked at the hinge. Was always an issue with the original design, can’t complain about overall durability and these updated ones are supposed to be better. I like them but thing is they’re specialized for cruising: very efficient at medium speed, great for fighting current or covering area, but not versatile. Those big floppy paddles on the end of long hinges are not great for walking, travelling, precise motion, or inside confined spaces. I love them but if you only own one pair get the more normal Quatros instead.

For what it's worth, I absolutely love my Quattros. Have never used the Supernovas.

Considering I have used those fins whatever you choose to call them in both open
and closed designs for hundreds and hundreds of dives I say they are brilliant and
am able to do frog kicks and any other kicks and in confined shipwrecks anywhere

Effortlessly

Considering I have used Quattros, open heel, for hundreds and hundreds of dives
I say they are great, and am able to do frog kicks, and any other kicks, in confined shipwrecks but as they're a more solid fin they're harder to propel for less motion

Not effortlessly

Considering I have used those fins whatever you choose to call them in both open
and closed designs for hundreds and hundreds of dives I say they are brilliant and
am able to do frog kicks and any other kicks and in confined shipwrecks anywhere
So have I, and I love my big Novas for shore dives, but stand by my “not great” for precise technical work. I switch to Jetfins for that.

THE FINS PICTURED ARE SCUBAPRO SEAWING NOVA

NOT SUPERNOVA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom