Available for diving 26th - 29th and 31st - 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jak Crow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My office will be in holiday shutdown all next week so I can dive pretty much every day if anyone is interested. I'm diving Lobos with someone on the 30th if anyone wants to join us.

Hi Jack:

I'm going this Saturday. I need to have my tanks visually inspected afterwards. If I get them back in time, I'm in for next Saturday.

Claude

Were is Lobos ?. I live in Redding and want to go diving.

@ Steve:

Pt. Lobos State Reserve is just south Monastery Beach on Hwy 1. The park allows a limited number of diving teams (three max per team) to explore its underwater landscape. On the weekends, you will always need reservations. However, during the week you can dive there without making reservations, since most of us are at work. It's popular since the area is protected from fishing and the area has the easiest entry/exit of any dive site (yes, easier than the Breakwater).

@ Jak Crow:

I'm good on my dive tanks. How about Monastery Beach 8:30-9:00am on Saturday, if weather permits? Now if you have reservations for Pt. Lobos, that would be awesome. Hopefully, it settles down by the weekend. This past weekend, Mono-Lobo wall and Pt. Lobos looked like Mavericks. Even the surfers would have been afraid.

Saturday: NE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Mixed swell...W 8 to 9 ft and SW 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.

Back
Top Bottom