Austin this weekend.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeehawherb

Registered
Reaction score
What's up swampers? I'm sorry i couldn't amkem it to the trashure hunt to meet yall.

This weekend i'll be in Austin finishing up advanced open water on sunday morning at Windy Pt. I was thinking about campint at Mansfiend saturday night. Planning for an afternoon dive and a night dive there saturday night. anyone going to be there and want to meet up for the dive? Any suggestions? Anyone camped there before? Bueller, bueller.... anyone... bueller?

Herb

I've dove at both Mansfield and Barstowe's Windy Point lots of times, and always thought about camping there. I'd like to head to Travis this weekend, get in a few dives at a relatively close lake... Let me check my obligations and get back to you. :0)

Um, when you say Windy Point, do you mean the public side that LCRA stole from the Barstowe family to make into a park (it was already a park), or the half that the family has managed to hang onto after years of litigation? Not that I'm biased in any way...

I will be at Windy Point working (DMC) with a class of AOW/Nitrox divers this Sat..

I dunno.. the side with the tank fill station.....

I bet that's Barstowe's... $10 for divers, DM's and Instructors are free. They have a fill station, but as I've said, I've never been on the LCRA side of things. Barstowe's is a great place to camp, though I don't know if I'll do that this weekend or not. I'll certainly show up in the afternoon for some dives, though!

I'm linking to another thread discussing this same date/time/location, and my general description is there... http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=95666

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom