Austin area dog care exchange (scarcely scuba related)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

austinspace

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When you are away from home, perhaps out on a dive trip, if you'd like to have someone to take care of your dog instead of a kennel - and would be willing to do the same favor in return when it worked for you - then perhaps we can help each other out.

We had a dog-swap going for a few years, but they've since moved away, and I haven't been able to stir up another connection through craigslist, so thought I'd ask the 'swampers.

Our dog is sweet, energetic, 60 lbs, well-trained, but doesn't get along very well with cats. Sleeps in his own dog-bed. He spends most of his time indoors, except when we go for walks or to run around in our large fenced yard to check things out a few times a day. He'd love to have a buddy to play with, but one is enough for us right now.

If this is interesting to you, and you live somewhere near SW Austin - please send a PM.

We'll be out of town next week, and our dog has a reservation at the kennel. If there's another place for him to be taken care of, that would be wonderful - though I'm not expecting it with the short notice. Maybe we can start the exchange the next time you are going away.

Thanks!

:dancingsnoopy:

Very kewl idea!! :cool2:
don't think I'll find anyone who'll watch a 105# black lab named Caos :depressed:

Very kewl idea!! :cool2:
don't think I'll find anyone who'll watch a 105# black lab named Caos :depressed:

I have the same trouble but for the opposite reason. Neela is 8 lbs and people think she's so fragile.

Thanks for the replies. When you've got a trip planned, send a PM with your tel no and we can chat to see if our dogs might be a good match.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom